best cult games

dystopia

I just realized that a lot of games recently that SHOULD have been recognized went completely unnoticed by most.

Disgaea: hour of darkness, i'm not even really an rpg player, but this game rules.

Robot Alchemic Drive, screw gundam games, this shit makes you believe you are controlling a 100ton robot.

While DDR is at an alltime high popularity in the US, many other bemani games go without hardly any fanbase. Beatmania is a dj simulation game, harder than hell but fun.

Just curious if anyone else has some games they feel should have gotten more recognition. I'm sure i could list more but this virus spreading around tx has gotten my brain fried :(

Sacrifice - An amazing RPG involving collecting souls and stuff. Whenever I mention it to anyone, they just look at me blankly. It good pretty good reviews as well (in the 80% region).

Z: Steel Soldiers - A strategy title involving robots and without annoying "harvesting". This game was awarded Classic status in PC Zone (90% and above), yet failed to sell well. It had stunning graphics at the time (2-3 years ago, the likes of which C&C Generals has only caught up with). I bought it in a second-hand shop for £5 about a week after release, and it was £9.99 (reduced from £29.99) within 2 months :cry:.

Kengo-master of bushido (PS2)

picture

you can train your samurai in different ways, whatever you want him to be, from attack power to attack speed to agaility to insight and spirit you make your own stats and then you fight tournaments you only fight single matches (not like onimusha) and you can learn new techniques and make your own sword combos...win new swords...laod your SP character into 2 player...its very bloody and just awesome to find out new styles to split your enemies heads :twisted:

and the best fps on the N64 was imo Perfect Dark, i played this game for months and it has a huge amount of options and weapons...

Edited by Guest
Kengo-master of bushido (PS2)

kengo

you can train your samurai in different ways, whatever you want him to be, from attack power to attack speed to agaility to insight and spirit you make your own stats and then you fight tournaments you only fight single matches (not like onimusha) and you can learn new techniques and make your own sword combos...win new swords...laod your SP character into 2 player...its very bloody and just awesome to find out new styles to split your enemies heads :twisted:

and the best fps on the N64 was imo Perfect Dark, i played this game for months and it has a huge amount of options and weapons...

Ah perfect dark...

I wish the pc games like this had all the cool options Perfect Dark had. You could walk up to someone and steal thier gun it was awesome. You wouldn't even want to shoot ppl it was funnier to steal the gun and roll. You could also slap ppl around and thier screen would get fuzzy.

Noone lives forever, Contract Jack ect didn't have these and that stinks

Also,

you could pick bots to play against that had diffenent playing methods. The worst was the peacenik. He would steal all of your weapons and whoop your ass so it was fuzzy and youwere ripe for the killing.

Another bot would only kill the last person who killed him

Great game

summoner - an RPG game, somewhat 3D, hellova lot of quests, very nice story, fine controlls, bad publishing...

planscape - the most awsome RPG ever! takes place at the same place as bouldurs gate series (forgotten realms if im not mistaken..), the most amazing story ever, so much mistery and so many things to do, anyway, if you ever see it, GET IT! ITS SUPER RARE!

planscape - the most awsome RPG ever! takes place at the same place as bouldurs gate series (forgotten realms if im not mistaken..), the most amazing story ever, so much mistery and so many things to do, anyway, if you ever see it, GET IT! ITS SUPER RARE!

Yeah, I've got that. It's pretty good, I'll admit, although I'm not really into the Baldur's Gate style RPG's much. And you're right, it is extremely rare, but there are 5 or 6 copies going around eBay (quite expensive though).

PD was the shit indeed. Just setting up team Capture The Briefcase matches with 4 teams of 2 in the Fortress arena after finishing SP was all I needed to keep me playing it on my PJ64 emu for months during last summer (y). And darksims musta been some of the toughest skill to beat in any FPS game, PC or otherwise; I'm talking more accurate than godlike UT200x bots. Mostly the problem was the fokn controls which were all over the place on the emu, but I kinda figured it out in the end. Anyway, yeah very good game - arguably overall the best for N64, or if you're a Zelda fan, the best non-RPG action game.

Not really underrated though :o.

Speaking about Rayman, any1 remembers playing Jazz Jackrabbit 1? Classic platformer for the PC that one, but with very vivid colours, the smoothest and friskiest framerate you'd see then and generally had many of the elements that made ppl like Sega's Sonic games.

Hmmm, what else?

Oh yeah Fallout 2: RPG if the year back in '98 I believe, so again not a neglected title. Fuc,ked up and buggy as hell even after patched once by the late Interplay comp, it still was easily the best of the few RPGs I've played. Cool story, tons of stats for your char that affect everything, many items and a huge variety of realistic guns (ranging from made up pipe shotguns, to desert eagles, to scoped hunting rifles and AK's to Laser miniguns and alien blasters), ability to pull aimed shots at body parts, some animated convos with NPC's, very nice enviro, huge map, friendly NPC's that help along, the worx... Sadly the action's turn based (dice rolls and the 0ldsch00l such), but it owns even so. Musta played it through like 3 times, and I'm still pretty much obsessed with it!

Today I finished downloading Fallout 1 from some old ass torrent so I'll get to see how that 1 is now :).

Underrated kinda: The 7th Guest and it's sequel The 11th Hour. Fun for the twisted to a sub-Phantasmagoria level.

K this is getting long, so lez stop for now :o

And darksims musta been some of the toughest skill to beat in any FPS game, PC or otherwise; I'm talking more accurate than godlike UT200x bots.

have you tried: 1 player 1 darksim weapons: slayers only :onlyamother:

PD was revolutionary, if you shot someones leg they couldnt run anymore if you shot his weapon he lost it...so damn sad it has never been made for pc :|

another awesome and underrated/unknown game is Tribes 2 (i already played it with Robpol86 and MrBill, im still trying to get Blokker on a server :) )

what is T2?

its a tactical and very teambased FPS (actually you can also use 3rd person but nobody does) special about it is that you got jetpacks and other vehicles, most servers are ctf and it just awesome to get in a bomber with 2 other players (1 pilot, 1 bomber <--thats usually me ;) and 1 tailgunner) and let it rain over their base :)

i would say that this is one , if not THE hardest FPS to master, it needs very much practice,timing and/or teamwork like no other fps, i mean most of them are like crouch jump run and shoot like sof,CS,quake3.....but in tribes you cant just aim on someones head and pull the trigger (at least not while flying) MID-AIRS is the hard thing but if you got the skills than you wont stop playing it :)

picture

btw, tribes 2 is only 10 euros/dollars so get it and we can setup a MTA @ T2 party =P

Another thing about Perfect Dark was you could make ppl dizzy with darts and punching them. It would take some time for your screen to unblur. Plus you could steal weapons right out of ppl's hands.

I would love a game with these features on PC

Can you imagine in a stubby fight and you steal someones stubby and shoot them with it? Or you smack them around and leave them dizzy?

another awesome and underrated/unknown game is Tribes 2 (i already played it with Robpol86 and MrBill, im still trying to get Blokker on a server )

what is T2?

its a tactical and very teambased FPS (actually you can also use 3rd person but nobody does) special about it is that you got jetpacks and other vehicles, most servers are ctf and it just awesome to get in a bomber with 2 other players (1 pilot, 1 bomber <--thats usually me and 1 tailgunner) and let it rain over their base

i would say that this is one , if not THE hardest FPS to master, it needs very much practice,timing and/or teamwork like no other fps, i mean most of them are like crouch jump run and shoot like sof,CS,quake3.....but in tribes you cant just aim on someones head and pull the trigger (at least not while flying) MID-AIRS is the hard thing but if you got the skills than you wont stop playing it

picture

btw, tribes 2 is only 10 euros/dollars so get it and we can setup a MTA @ T2 party =P

Oh yeah, I can't recommend this game enough. It's like BF1942 in lots of ways - the class system, the vehicles - but the unique elements set it way up above Battlefield (in my opinion), namely the turrets, the jetpacks and the unique packs (e.g. repair packs, cloaking packs, deployable turret packs, etc.)

I got the game for full price when it first came out, but I have got literally hundreds of hours of gameplay out of it. There aren't many games that I can lay this claim to.

I wouldn't suggest going straight into a server though. I'd suggest doing the tutorials, getting to know the game over a LAN with bots, because I know a lot of new players have simply been slaughtered online because they didn't get to know the game beforehand. Its difficulty curve is higher than most FPS's because it has a lot more elements to the gameplay. This makes it a more rewarding game to play, but can put off a lot of new players.