GTA Servers (?)

Idk anything about that host but maybethis can help u...

SOME HELP

gtaserversnet Facebook Fan Page... https://www.facebook.com/gtaserversnet

gtaserversnet IRC Channel... #gta-servers.net!

gtaserversnet Forums... http://forum.gta-servers.net/ (apparently offline)

gtaserversnet Page... https://gta-servers.net/ (apparently offline)

gtaserversnet email: mailto://[email protected]

gtaserversnet Skype: peter.lustig183

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, you offer compensation for our clients. How heroic.

This hosting business here has become a complete joke.

We never hosted MTA:SA servers to become rich, we just wanted to provide a solid service and some compensation to cover our own expenses (and these included ONLY server bills).

Our programmers and support staff were doing all work for free.

It was clear that by offering MTA exclusively we would have no large turnover, and that was fully acceptable for us.

We at gta-servers.net were all players that were looking for a good, reputable host.

I think we did pretty well, but in the end there were too many morons and kids trying to fuck us up.

Especially our "clients" from the middle east (in fact, Pakistani) who claimed that they "cannot pay for it" (and I had some understanding for that - PayPal and Credit Cards are blocked there) were receiving our service for free.

But instead of being grateful for the gift they received they started complaining about their brothers and cousins, needing a server and stealing their login details.

Talking badly about the "laggy service" we offered to them and all kind of nasty things.

16 Slots for free were not enough for them, and so on.

Additionally, our trial phases were massively abused and ordered in dozens by a handful of the same customers.

For a large company that has thousands of clients this is not a big deal. They would call this ad spending, etc.

For us this just meant a lot of administrative work to sort out these clients, ban them from our site and again handling a lot of complaints.

Not to mention all those *fucktards*, who thought they should buy a server from us and bash the CPU into the ground, and then file a PayPal dispute when we terminate the service with them.

Note: We would have warned these people twice until we terminated their server.

And last but not least, let's not forget about our dear competitors in the hosting business, mistaking us for really bad enemies and sending out DDoS attacks to our servers :)

Finally, we decided to give this bunch of rednecks the push.

There were a few of you who gave us a great feedback - and i felt sorry for them. But in the end this feedback was not enough to keep it going.

We are currently working on a new website and Control Panel to give our users more power to maintain their servers.

This will include a manual backup function and preconfigured packages, so they won't have to contact the support for every stupid shit like adding a server admin to the acl.xml

And our new service will be free only. We will give out servers to selected people and kind of "sponsor" them.

This way we can ensure that we won't have too much work with our clients.

I think this is all for now.

Shigawire

Edited by Guest

I can agree with Shigware about some clients that are a pain in the ass. Also, I had my own suspicions that some "competitors" would want to damage other hosting providers, but who am I to judge others.

I remember GTA-servers.net had a lot of servers since their service was great, and their support was at a high level, taking into account how long they took to answer you and how kind they were.

I personally wish you goodluck in your new projects, Shigware :)

Thank you Shigawire, I was working as a Staff there for free and I liked being there but left later on due to a lack of time but came to agree with Shigawire a bit here.

First, some paki assholes making multiple accs and having 3 servers instead of 1.

Second, how do you expect an asshole to run a server without even the knoweldge of acl.xml? magic? probably, they even come and annoy everyone of us just to edit their fucking acl.xml but yet we've helped them doing it.

Vortex-Servers, thanks for your interest but, piss off.

Thank you Shigawire, I was working as a Staff there for free and I liked being there but left later on due to a lack of time but came to agree with Shigawire a bit here.

First, some paki assholes making multiple accs and having 3 servers instead of 1.

Second, how do you expect an asshole to run a server without even the knoweldge of acl.xml? magic? probably, they even come and annoy everyone of us just to edit their :o acl.xml but yet we've helped them doing it.

-1 about the BOLD text.

i also having server from gta-servers.net and its true that paypal is blocked in pakistan and i cant use it, even my dad is VP of my city. shigaware was giving 16 slots free servers, i tried my luck and i got one. i didnt cheated or anything.

few pakistani's cheating, not everyone from pakistan. so, next time think before writing.

i hope you get some warning for this.

Second, how do you expect an asshole to run a server without even the knoweldge of acl.xml? magic? probably, they even come and annoy everyone of us just to edit their :o acl.xml but yet we've helped them doing it.

-1 about the BOLD text.

i also having server from gta-servers.net and its true that paypal is blocked in pakistan and i cant use it, even my dad is VP of my city. shigaware was giving 16 slots free servers, i tried my luck and i got one. i didnt cheated or anything.

few pakistani's cheating, not everyone from pakistan. so, next time think before writing.

i hope you get some warning for this.

Maybe you should learn some more English.

He said paki assholes, that doesn't mean he's saying that all pakistani people are assholes.

What abxf IS saying, is that most of the people trying to abuse the system, were from Pakistan.

And thus calling those people (The people that abused the system) assholes.

As abxf was a staff member with gta-servers, he most likely had the ability to see the IP (And thus country) of all the customers.

And thus he knows that the people abusing the system were from Pakistan.

So yeah... I feel that he earned the right to call those people assholes.

Statistics don't lie.

Well, PAki=Pakistan. so its same, read it carefully.

he made small mistake in sentence and he apologized, i accepted.

you have no right to give anyone "RIGHTS" to call assholes.

also, gta-servers should make strong method to give free servers.

by the way, what if i call your country people "Assholes"?

We are currently working on a new website and Control Panel to give our users more power to maintain their servers.

This will include a manual backup function and preconfigured packages, so they won't have to contact the support for every stupid :~ like adding a server admin to the acl.xml

And our new service will be free only. We will give out servers to selected people and kind of "sponsor" them.

This way we can ensure that we won't have too much work with our clients.

I think this is all for now.

Shigawire

About any date, no idea.

This is just an idea by now.

Personally I don't have much time, at the moment.

University and courses are demanding a lot of effort, I barely have the time to go to my sports training regularily and I think this here can wait a few months.

Would also need some scripters to build me the bridge-functions between the MTA-Servers and our Control Panel and supporters for all this, but I will start searching once it's the time.