2 very useful suggestions for upcoming....

Heya fellaz and MTA TeaM..

I just wanted to put this down in this suggestion section as i know a lot of peeps would agree and all who iv e mentioned to, approve now its up to MTA team ;)....

First one is a "speedo" ..... would be very nice as thats the only thing people seemed to like from GTAT, its not a must have but definately a very nice extra feature, and not hard to implement at all.

Secondly PLZ, in upcoming version, could u guys please extend the space of which we type in our nicknames?? as i cant fit in my clan tag as well as my full nickname, & a lot others i know of would appreciate this..

I dont think thats hard to implement either and hope it isnt asking for 2 much....

YES i did search first if anyone else posted these suggestions and unless im blind & cockeyed, i cant find any relevant threads.

Im not selfish so these suggestions arent just for me and clans sake ;)

but for all......

BTW i dont mean nicknames as long as they please, but at least 5 extra spaces?? would be nice.

thanx MTA TeaM.

Keep it up ;)

rofl - early gta3mta dev pics had the speedo working in them - we had that LOOONNNG before draco and co picked it up if I remember rightly

As for nick colours... Its only a cosmetic feature for me, maybe colours for DM, but in team mode the nick colour should be the team related

First one is a "speedo" ..... would be very nice as thats the only thing people seemed to like from GTAT, its not a must have but definately a very nice extra feature, and not hard to implement at all.

whoa, back the hell up! you got that pos (gtat) to actually work? i tried .5c and it crashes more than.......um.......anything, actually.

Anyway, i wouldnt mind seeing a speedo, as long as it was small and unintrusive, the screen is starting to get cluttered with all the mta + gta stuff being displayed at once.

I think the reason theres no speedometer in MTA is that MTA are trying to create a multiplayer mod for GTA. In gta3/vc there is no speedometer, concequently, there is no speedometer in MTA. Basically, MTA are trying to create an authentic mod, instead of just adding random features that aren't required to make GTA multiplayer. Perhaps in the future it might be and addition, maybe it'd appear on the scoreboard or somthing, but have a purely client-side speedometer serves no multiplayer purpose.

eAi

Note, I'm sure theres pleanty of speedometer mods you can use safely with MTA (i.e. not SCM mods)... If there isn't i could knock one up in a few minutes...

hey fellaz.....

eAi not every addon or feature has to be cornerning multiplayer purpose, besides from what i can tell, most wouldnt mind a speedo for top speed testing ;)

Also if it was to be, having it on the scoreboard would be a little pointless dont u think?? i mean i wana check out my kph while im driving/riding and not while im checking scores/pings. ;)

eAi yourself u wouldnt want a speedo?? or dont really care??

thx.

BTW can someone from MTA TeaM shed some light on the more spaces in nicknames part?? is it something u guys are gona do?? or at least considering?

Edited by Guest
hey fellaz.....

eAi not every addon or feature has to be cornerning multiplayer purpose, besides from what i can tell, most wouldnt mind a speedo for top speed testing ;)

Also if it was to be, having it on the scoreboard would be a little pointless dont u think?? i mean i wana check out my kph while im driving/riding and not while im checking scores/pings. ;)

aAi yourself u wouldnt want a speedo?? or dont really care??

thx.

BTW can someone from MTA TeaM shed some light on the more spaces in nicknames part?? is it something u guys are gona do?? or at least considering?

As I said, I think MTA's principle is to keep the features limited to multiplayer purposes, for the moment at least. I've personally got my own speedometer if i want to use it I can. Having it on the scoreboard could be useful in some game modes, maybe racing. Maybe an average speed for each player would be more useful.

Btw, its eAi not aAi...

eAi

the$#!Za, the main issue with the nickname length is the chatbox itself, allow too many chars and half of the line is taken by the name making it less readable at a glance, besides some people will always want more, give them 30 they will want 40 :)

As for speedo we have in fact had one is some builds of 0.4, we cannot promise it however as yesterday after some more code was added the speedo began to develop some problems. Hopefully we can fix it easily enough, but if not the new code that 'broke' it is much more fun than the speedo itself so it isnt priority :)

eAi what u on about? i know how your name goes ;)

Oh well MrBump im glad the speedo is in the books anyways, but as for more spaces in nicknames PLEASE, try to add 5MAX for upcoming, or mention it to the TeaM, maybe implement it quietly next version ;)? so many dont have time to ask for 40 spaces when its 30 ;)

5 would be very nice, not 2 long, not 2 short, just right :)

cheers.

BTW MrBump im sure u have something to do with this "Ass Whooped" status of mine, im getting wierd pm's from queer people :(

heya fellaz....

well i dont know how or why im Ass Whooped lol . thought it would of been u MrBump but guess not, maybe one of your fans :)

and Mr.Bill what do u mean by the "post he got that rank was already deleted"?? i dont get it.

umm, how about for the inconvenience u have caused, that u add 5 spaces in nicknames for upcoming version of MTA:VC ?? ;)

BTW my status before being changed to "Ass Whooped" was

"MTA Co-Tester", restoring that would be nice :P

Oh really ? I tought that rank was earned when a person reaches 1000 posts and seeing as you have about 20 i dont see how thats true.

thats because i changed emails therefore had to reregister as the forum would not accept my email and had to wait months, then finally, after i got a hold of blokker who then abused me for half an hour cuz i pmed him on irc :( , he done it manualy eventualy when i fit in my explanation and now is fine ;)

OMG could it be? its all making sense now, Maybe Blokker made me "Ass Whooped"?? lol is it possible to know for how long ive been in this status?