Forum Lag/Forum Down General

I didn't see a topic on this.

I assume whatever problem that had the forum down this weekend is continueing. I can't navigate this forum at all. I really have to want to read a thread to wait for it to load if it doesn't timeout.

I was in General and I saw a new Quotes and Blasta post. I had to pass more than likely gonna be a

a. huh

q. right?

Great 10 mins of my life to read that crap. Or 35 lines from IRC in the quote thread that has no point or punchline...

What is going on with the speed of the forum?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Now it's back in action for me too

Just in time for all the fireworks

*gets popcorn and watches all his flame techniques being employed"

bla bla bla

*wells up with tears*

:cry:

lol its amazing how u think u can copywrite things

p.s. be sure to sue this guy

http://www.weirdalforum.com/forum/index ... topic=2968

might wanna use google to, im sure ul find some more people ripping off "your technique" :)

In your link, the guy uses 5 "bla", while DeathB only uses 3. So he is still safe.

Relevant again...

This site has been uber laggy for me lately and other sites are fine. Right now it's peppy but later in the day around noon est east coast usa time it drags ass.

I find it amusing that when things are going great, no one comments. But right when something happens, thats all you hear about. Funny is it not?

This post is a bit old, so I do not remeber why it might of been lagging. There was a day when a website got attacked causing a huge load on apache. That might be what you were refering to, and that only lasted for a few hours. Its better that the forum be laggy during an attack on the server then not be accessible at all.

We do have flood protection, but it does not protect against this style of attack that was used, atleast not at the current moment. I will not mention what kind it is here, just incase someone decides to get clever.

Have a good day.

I find it amusing that when things are going great, no one comments. But right when something happens, thats all you hear about. Funny is it not?

Ah, such is life. The police are always quick to flag you down if you're speeding, but they never say stop you and say "Hey mate, the way you took that corner was well crucial!"

Oh, and keep up the good work Wojjie.