What if GTA:SA is multiplayer too??

I think as long as people are playing the mod, we'll keep working on it,

To that extent, we would like our mod to reach its full capabilities, which we are on track to do so...

Chances are, that MP will not be included, but thats only my hunch.

All the evidence points to no multiplayer in gta:sa (sony contract, some comments from rockstar over the last year, same engine being used etc).

But even if it does have it built in it wont be the same as mta. All the FPS released since halflife havn't stopped Counter Strike being played, nor has the release of ut2k3 stopped people playing the original UT. As each game is very different tho basically the same formula (fps, run shoot jump die)

So one would imagine even when gta comes with its built in multplayer (I suspect GTA4 not before), mta will still be played. (unless we mess up somewhere along the line (we wont ;) ))

well, even IF SA has mp it wont reach this project

the gta (and other games...) developers make their game, release it and all you can do is to play it or not, maybe make some mods for the integrated mp.... but mta is individual means you can talk to the team on irc or post your suggestions, gamemodes.... and thats what makes mta so damn alive, more than any pre-mp-coded-game could ever be

for every gta fan a dream come true with mta, the real peeps wont leave...

Long post... yet again :(.

Well one thing that instantly comes to mind - just so we don't go completely overboard - is that most FPS games now are partly shaped by the demands and the feedback of online communities. I mean what other easier way of finding out what the market wants/likes could you think of other than hearing them out, talking with them on msg boards and forming your game accordingly? I think that's what has been done with UT2k4 and many other games lately and it's pretty cool they're finally giving gamers and their experience, comments and suggestions more weight.

Anyway, back to SA. I'm with Kent on the prediction about an MP feature. The reason: Bump said it, plus why bother to develop extra functions, netcode and a ton of other things for an engine that won't ever be used again and for a game that wasn't even intended to pertain to the FPS category in the first place? SA only comes out because it has to; IMO the developers would rather start on GTA4 or something else right now than mess with the same code for the third time. And even if they did add it as a result of some pressure from above or something, I bet it'd just be a borrowed netcode thrown in n' coupled with some lame gameplay modes just to serve as an extra feature tick on the back of the box. I mean I do trust R* to put out a quality game, but at such a late point in the game and life of GTA (as we know it with this engine) it just wouldn't change anything.

But just for the hell of it, assume SA does get MP. How will that help keep VC or GTA3 viable MP-wise or in any other respect? Answer's simple: it won't. It can't. The only people still messing with those games aren't R* employees, but the folks posting here. The MTA crew are trying to make a good stable mod for a pair of games that were never intended to be multiplayable and I don't see why anything any future GTA title might include would make 'em change their minds - or their goals. They're taking their time to make MTA solid (and rightly so if you ask me) and maybe they'll be playing GTA4 MP or whatever themselves too while they're doing that :).

Would it be illegal for Rockstar to "steal" their work, thus far? Seems to be like they would, I know companies in the past that took 'new' features for their upcoming games by mods the players made.. (IE: Jedi Knight 3.) :roll:

I hope SA doesn't have multiplayer, it's all the PC version has. :cry:

Would it be illegal for Rockstar to "steal" their work, thus far? Seems to be like they would, I know companies in the past that took 'new' features for their upcoming games by mods the players made.. (IE: Jedi Knight 3.) :roll:

A lot of companies put mod-makers on the team for sequels, which gets past such legal issues.

I hope SA doesn't have multiplayer, it's all the PC version has. :cry:

It's all it has software-wise, but i'd choose a keyboard and mouse combo any day over a control pad. Also, the best part of the PC is the backwards-compatibility with old games.

• MTA Team

i would like to mention that the renderware engine (the engine used in GTA) is not the property of R* or T2I, they just license it. The engine is used in numerous games going from sports games over platformers, trough RPG to Rave games and action games. RWE is a versatile engine and MP games have been built on it in the past.

It is one of the bigger engines in use and has been used by a lot of studios in the past. Also it is not the 3D engine that defines the MP aspect.

i would like to mention that the renderware engine (the engine used in GTA) is not the property of R* or T2I, they just license it. The engine is used in numerous games going from sports games over platformers, trough RPG to Rave games and action games. RWE is a versatile engine and MP games have been built on it in the past.

It is one of the bigger engines in use and has been used by a lot of studios in the past. Also it is not the 3D engine that defines the MP aspect.

nice...

didnt know all that...

still my question remains...

"will they use the same 3D-engine??"

and ifso... then...

"WHAT will they ADD to make it worth buying??"

Would it be illegal for Rockstar to "steal" their work, thus far

I dont think it would be illegal if they did, mainly because they have used some of "R*'s" work with theirs. When i says R*'s work i mean the multiplayer they was creating but gave up and left the code still on the game.

yea good point Yankee..... and since its getting released October now not November like they first stated, without still mentioning a word on MP is bad news :( people have been waiting for this for years me one of them.. would be the most sold game ever eventually in my opinion.

BTW prokopis seems to me that u think ROCKSTAR programmers are some garage kids.. If they wanted to, they could fart it out, theyre not 3rd year uni kids, and with all that money pffft..

Their only challenge to follow up is keeping the game clean from cheats, from updates patches etc..