Weapon Attachments...

Forrest

The sniper scope and the silencer are just objects in the SA world, he is just attaching it to the weapon. As you can see they don't do anything (AK's aim still the same even with the scope)

And that's what I am showcasing. So far, to my knowledge, attaching objects to weapons has not been done yet and people have always deemed it impossible. I have proved that it is in fact possible.

Anything else that's clearly obvious, that you would like to state?

• 2 months later...

It's easier, download this resource, attach your attachment to ID 25 (Righthand) as the weapon is being held in the players' right hand, get the offsets right so it looks like the attachment is attached to the weapon.

Now implement it into your script, vióla.

EDIT: MTA has fixed the slope issue where if you would walk upon a hill attachments would glitch so it works even better now.

Itis probably a Cleo script

Clearly, you can't read.

I'll explain further.

I used the bone_attach resource after a quick thought that popped into my mind regarding how the original weapon system works.

With the original weapon system in GTA:SA, weapon models have a single pivot point that attaches to a single bone, the right hand. So simply all one does is head into 3DS max, import for instance, an AK47. Model an attachment on top of it, set the pivot point to the EXACT same as the AK47, delete AK47, export attachment, attach to right hand and VOILA. Everything lines up 100% in ALL animations.

If you do it for a single gun, you will be able to get away with using them for other guns of the same type, ie; AK47 and an M4, although it may not line up as well, it's bearable depending on what you've made. Though I would highly recommend making separate attachments for each gun, so that everything lines up 100%. You may want to use some form of server-side weapon mods or even put the stock weapon models on the server so that people don't complain about things looking like crap because the script is not optimized for THEIR mods.

It was only a matter of time until you finally gave in Jesse. Saved me the time however, thanks. :)

Yup, I don't really bother playing MTA anymore, all I'm doing is watching movies on Netflix and working on Sociuspirate.

Yeah, I haven't played in a while. Real life priorities and all that. Thanks for the reminder to cancel my Netflix, haven't used it in a long time. Sociuspirate is looking good, nice work son.

• 4 months later...