Template Competition

Ok, here's the first version which is far from final, but is something I've done during the short time this evening.

http://members.shaw.ca/acidman/temp/mta

I've put a taxi because it's sort of a "regular" car, its model is quite detailed and I like the look of it :).

I'm thinking about putting the latest news to the left of the taxi, affiliates - below the menu on the left. Login form/personal stuff (when logged in) - on the right, and a 120x600 banner below it.

Comments will be appreciated.

Hehe. It's ok to be intoxicated :).

Ok, so I'd like to hear some comments.

I decided to change the logo (bikes in particular) to some "action picture" from the game. I'm not currently at home, so I can't do it right now but I have an idea of what that picture should look like.

+ also I think it'd be wiser to use the 640x40 banner since we'll have affiliates and that doesn't look great with the vertical 40x600 banner.

Here, I had a free hour, so I did an update:

http://members.shaw.ca/acidman/temp/mta/

Due to the background the red and gray indicators aren't that visible, but I'll do something with it tomorrow (menu is temporary of course).

Is it better?

--

I'll also use jpeg's or bigger number of colors for gif's to increase the quality. The total amount of image files will not exceed 15-16 KBs which is quite acceptable for dial-up users (people have 20kb+ banners in their signitures :)).

Well.. Most of in-game pics don't look good enough, IMHO. And I don't see almost any similarities with the current template, except for the menu's content, the latest section and the banner at the top. Or am I wrong?

If you have a good in-game pic - post it here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This guy has been registered for 4 days now, and he already has almost the entire community after him, is this a record?

I mean, seriously dude, get a life and act according to the rules, you won't be making any friends this way.

and again, sorry for the 'spam' , if a moderator feels like deleting this post, I'm not bothered, I just wanted to say this guy what I thought about him.