[MOD]GTAVC Ramped Mod (If you try it please post!)

Ransom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone plans on to make something like this like I am, the entire city ramped at any cool place I can find to make one.

I will use auto count on the lines of my .IPL (my added ramp map) to have a rough estimate on how many ramps I have later.

I would never do such a thing because the amount of work needed to build your own map (to a reasonable quality) is far too extreme for one person to handle.

GTAForums.com has a community project going on between all the pro skin makers, modelers, coders, etc. to build Myraid Islands. They are redoing basically EVERYTHING.

Even Barton Waterduck works on the coding =) (If ya don't know he built what is probably undoubtedly the best GTAVC scm decompiler and editer).

I was wondering if you might have some good tutorial links for making new objects and item placement. I've seen some out there but most seem to leave out steps along the way and I've bene having some difficulty. I'm used to working with sdk's and moomapper isn't the most user friendly app. Anything you might have would be appreciated. I actualyl wouldn't mind keeping the same general layout for vice city.. but I'd definitely like to expand some areas and replace some objects entirely. (such as more walkways across rooftops and bi-level highways etc....)

Chewd: if you want to make new models i would suggest zmodeler, its really easy to learn but also pretty time consuming

check my reply for a zmod tutorial, just go thru it and you should be able to do anything you want (exept some gta engine releated stuff since the car in the tut is for nfs)

and umm..

and moomapper isn't the most user friendly app

0.90 is as easy as connecting to a server :o you got all in sight and even textures

I've used zmodler and wasn't too happy with it however. I've been using maya for a number of years now and have most of the plugins to convert to/from 3d studio max, lightwave and a few other 3d modeling apps. I'm used to using sdk's however and I'm finding moomapper to be quite a pain in the a$$.

Oh 1 thing I should say, this will also contain a custom-made bridge by me spanning from the Stadium to the ARMY Base, and making some stops alone the way.

Its no half-assed job, its pretty nice :)

(no pics for that yet ;))

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a beauty, mine is all done with objects already ingame so the only thing needed for the mod is to add one line to gta_vc and add my IPL mapping file. It makes it pretty convienient and easy to install (it also branches out to places like the junkyard docks, beach near stadium, etc. ;))

Anyways, sorry I know I haven't checked here awhile, what I do is copy and paste it all into word and go to tools>word count. Then I just look at the line count, deduct the obvious void top and bottom lines and pieces (for instance a bunch of bridge pieces) that make one whole structure etc, and make a rough estimate.

I'm still not back to working on this much yet, theres just so much stuff goin on its hard to get into one certain project, know what I mean? I have made up a bit for it though, I made this vid for ya, nothin fancy cause it was kinda quick, but here ya go, enjoy the music, sorry for the clicking though :lol: I also updated the opening post with new pics.

p.s. Those jumps may look easy, but trust me, its not easy ;) you gotta be precise or you can get thrown way off course.

http://vcp.sytes.net/rrm_preview1.zip

-

-

*Much appreciated if someone with a better server could host it. I can't upload it to thegamersalliance because its broke I guess and I'm exceeding the upload time limit on Orion's server (connection is laggy where I am now).

Wow, thats pretty amazing Orion, glad you like the vid ;)

I listed all the ramp objects I used at another topic, I found it, here it is:

Heres a list:

Description=========================Model ID====Model Name

Wide Boat Ramp Kicker--------------------------------583--------waterjumpx2

Medium Ramp Kicker------------------------------------561---------landjump

Large Boat Ramp Kicker-------------------------------560---------waterjump1

Extra Large Ramp Kicker------------------------------562----------landjump2

Debris, wood plank jump (from water)-------------559----------waterjump2

Moisty Palms 2 way ramp-----------------------------588----------ramp

Wooden ramp hoisted by trash----------------------371----------newramp

Airport Stairs (ramp)-----------------------------------1046----------ap_steps1_05

Small Wooden Kicker Ramp---------------------------4501----------kickramp03

Alleyway, big staircase Ramper----------------------3758----------odrampbit

2 way staircase (Like 2 going up into a corner)---3663----------odrroofst07

I also know some good gate pieces and bridges that can be used to gain access to high buildings and start ramp combos or one huge ramp off. Oh and some stadium stuff like small/large loops and fire-rings to go through.

• 1 month later...

I haven't worked on this all summer yet like I had planned, but I am going to release what I have done already right now.

You can get it here:

http://mtavcp.sytes.net/Misc/rrm.zip

Tell me what you think of it, if I get enough feedback I might start working on it again.

The ramped areas (completed areas): go a bit in Little Haiti, over to the airport somewhat, and everything south of there. There is also a bridge. You will see one of the entrances when approaching the army base.

nice job :)

if you need a mirror, just let me know.

oh, yeah for the timeout thing- its a php limitation. i dont think files can be over 8 meg with php 5.0

edit- i mirrored it for ya-

--------------------------------

Edited by Guest

hmm, well I'm saddened to know only 2 people have cared to try my ramping mod (I believe so as only seeing 2 comments) since I released it 4 days ago, I suppose they assume it is just a lame job of ramps, they don't care for a bunch of new jumps or they are flat out too lazy.

Anyways, thanks for mirroring once again Orion and to the people who are thinking about trying this, there is also a video preview of some of the ramps on that page.

As for first page, that was due to some site renaming, all has been fixed and main post is updated.

Again, thanks for the mirror.

Another note, I am thinking of releasing the scm I used with this mod also. It would mean you could drop a bike anywhere you want and store a position to warp to, among some other cool things (like not being able to fall off the bike which I would probably make activatable/deactivatable).

Edited by Guest