New system Research

Hello guys,

I am currently starting my final year at University and for my final years project am considering implementing

a app based game hosting system. The purpose of this topic is simply to ask what are you views.

I have not yet found an app based hosting system, searched for hours on Google but found nothing.

What am hoping to achieve:-

Android app for both admins, mods and clients. this part of the system will enable the user to manage the system and services without the need of zooming in and out.

Windows, Linux and Mac:-

This will also be an installable app which will have all the necessary features but will not require a web browser and work more efficiently. I also hope to improve security and higher file transfer speeds more efficiently.

Could you please provide any thoughts/ideas relating to to this thread?

Many thanks.

Hey!

This sounds like a totally awesome idea.

This is a very huge project. Normally the development of such a system takes months or ages and few ten-thousands of dollars.

In first place you should care about the security. Once your project gets popular there are a lot of people who mess around with your code or try to break in. And if they are successful, you are losing reputation very quickly.

And do you plan to integrate some CRM and Billing-Systems?

Having the "backend" to deploy and manage the hosting-related stuff is nice, but you would at least some integration for already existing systems like WHMCS or build the ones yourself.

We have been building our own control panel and billing system, lately.

I would like to chat more with you about that, but I think this thread is not that suitable for this.

PM me if you want to talk some more about this :)

Hey guys thank your for your interest, yes I do intend to add a billing system was thinking just using paypal to start with.

I also would use data encryption all the way, apps would also need to make use of SSL and SSH if I added a command system.

My project is for a good 6 months so should get stacks done.

PS if you have come across a game hosting system provide with app based system please let me know.

Cheers :)