custom cars

Guest Pseudonym

Will there be any plans in future releases to support custom car models? I can understand that if right now it causes the game to crash why you wouldn't allow it. But if that problem was fixed, could you? I know editing the handling would be cheating, but I don't think using a custom model is; you can see the names anyways. The default models aren't bad, but there are some better ones out there.

editing handling=cheating
I know editing the handling would be cheating

You can use custom models in lots of online games. Counter-Strike, UT2003, BF1942... Just to name a few. All I want is to be able to change the way the car looks, not drives.

ok , let me try to explain this one more time

---

You are playing with your friend ....

Your game is moddified , hsi is not ...

YOu changed the sabre turbo to a ferrari.

WHEN you go play with him , he will not see you as a ferrari on his pc . He will see you as a sabre turbo . And of course cars have to have a new handling . so that means . NO more racing .... Cause people can make there cars go from 0 to 200mph in 0.12s ....

---

K hope this helps :?

I know the other guy wouldn't see the model, just like in CS but I used them anyways because they look pretty. But you mean there's no way to edit the car model without changing the handling? I don't know how the Vice City engine works, so I'm not sure, but in most other games you can do it. I guess if it can't be done, then :cry:

well thats just bullshit, you CAN replace a car without ever touching the handling. However, even if you replace just the model, youll run into other problems.

For example; the police car has 4 doors, and they are used by every person in the game, when a passenger gets in. Now what happens if you replace a 4-doored vehicle with one that only has 2 doors? whenever someone tried to get in, through a door that didnt exist in your game (the back doors), it would crash, because in their game, the car they are getting into, has parts the player is intereacting with, that the player cannont interact with on your game. the only way this could work is if everyone has the same car models (or models with the same number of / identity of) parts. but then they would need to allow mods for that and they dont.

so its moot point.

I belive skins would work , But it would surely take the team ALOT of time to deisgn a save working thing cause it would be easy to send virus to people , sicne some viruses are in bmp and pjg format .... So it would take a long time to make this save , and the game would also lose abit of brandwitdh ... But it dosen't seem that it will lose much . They could have like a "loading time" while the bmp's are beiing downloaded . But when people join the server , it will have to do that loading time thing again . Or it will lose brandwidh .... Shitty thing , i dont belive there will be one , But it's possible ...

the police car has 4 doors, and they are used by every person in the game, when a passenger gets in. Now what happens if you replace a 4-doored vehicle with one that only has 2 doors? whenever someone tried to get in, through a door that didnt exist in your game (the back doors)

Thats why your mean to insert a 2door car with another two door car etc. i dont see y you can have custom cars i've not once changed the handling and wat if you have two computers with the same cars/handling for example the server (or program) could ask the person whether he wats to download the handling file from the other person or the handling file could be merged together

if i have to restrict my cars to replacing specific vehicles, then alot of the fun is gone. what if i like sports cars? what if i replace every 4-doored car in the game with cars that have 2 doors, because i like these cars better? thats my choice. the only real rules that apply here (in SP mode) are the ones that come with the readme of the car and even they arent set in stone.

but again, since modding isnt allowed, this is a worthless point in the first place. asking if you want to be able to use the handling line the other person has, wont happen, because you would need to be able to mod it.

Why dont u include a option in the server like "Stunt mod mode" so at a lan u can host a server and choose stunt mod mode in the gamemode thing and use ur custom stuff for stunts. On normal servers they can use non mod mode so theres no cheating ^_^

This has been discussed a lot before, and forgotten, not because its a bad idea, great idea, good theory, but in reality its not all that great... or easy.

I remember back in the days were there wernt cheaters yet (long time ago when you couldnt kill each other time of thing, back in ga3) modding was allowd, but you had to stay to a passworded server that had to say you were using mods, i mean there used to be some nice pictures of dod's flying to the staute of liberty and such, But once cheaters came along, that kind of changed things...

Maybe if you had a private server for it, but even then I know some people will still call you cheaters and such I myself wouldnt mind getting the real gta3 mod and plaing ona priv server in gta3, that would be fun with the new cars and places to go, make things more interesting but you know, MTA hasn't advanced that far yet.

you can't set the handling by the server. you cant set it at all. if its anything other than what the game comes with by default, it will not work without cheating.

I no that i was say wat if you could, the program is able to detect if the handling has been modified so why cant the program inbed the default handling into the main exe so that if the handling is modified it can tempilylyly be replaced, to be honest the only problem with having custom cars is the handling, screw the 4 door to two door problem, having custom cars isnt a problem or a cheat, changing the handling is, and if you can get MTA to tempaleroly change the handling (till your finished playing MTA) then i dont see why you cannot have custom cars.

I'm actually surpised someone hasnt hacked into MTA and brought out a custom cars crack.

Ash

[email protected]

good news (sort of), the problem people where talking about the switching a default 4-door car to a two door car (the computer supossedly crashes), when this happen and 1 person gets into the front passanger sides, and the other two ppl get into the cars where the two spaces should be.

If that doesnt make sense, sorry im not with it today but the two-door 4 door isnt a problem

i was never able to test my theory, since you cant officially mod the game, and i dont care enough to cheat for it. but if you claim that its not a problem, where do the rear passengers sit on cars that dont have a back seat / doors? perhaps they float about somewhere or what?

well i know its the xyz of a person on foot, but i thought if you were in a car, it put you where the seat dummies were for that vehicle, and then just stored the vehicle's xyz until you got out. which is why i went for the "crash the game horribly" theory, since it wouldnt have any place to put the other players...