Is good this PC?

Xperia

• 1 month later...

Even though this is a month old thread, I'll make some suggestions:

1. Get a Seagate Barracuda (7200RPM preferencially) or a Western Digital Caviar Black instead, Blue are meant for storage.

2. I seriously suggest you to get another power supply (Seasonic, XFX, Corsair, Antec), that one is BAD (the amount of watts it shows doesn't tell you anything, most of these power supplies don't provide half the power they show and their protections aren't good).

3. I'd suggest, with that kind of budget, removing the DVD burner - it's cheap and you can buy it later.

4. Get a cheaper case.

5. If you can push the budget a little further, get a Radeon HD 7870.

One thing I've noticed is that you forgot the motherboard.. That's at least 60$ more!

^He can't afford an SSD on that budget.

I would get a cheap i5, and that PSU looks like a deathtrap for that PC. You want one that costs a decent amount, a good brand like Corsair.

By the way, does dual mean you're buying two 7850s?

I would get a cheap i5

The AMD FX-6300 does the job fine, he also would have the possibility for overclocking - even though the AMD CPU has a lower IPC. And in this budget, I'd surely stay with it.

By the way, does dual mean you're buying two 7850s?

Are you talking about the "Dual-X" in the Radeon HD 7850's name? If so, no - Dual-X is one of the Sapphire's cooling solutions for their graphic cards.

I found even an i3 has been able to outperform an AMD 6-core, if he gets a lower end i5 for slightly more (there's nothing low end about an i5 :D ) he will have a much better PC.

Also OP you should go with a nvidia, what with phyx, CUDA, and just the performance/price of the current generation, nvidia 600 cards are so much better than AMD 7000

I found even an i3 has been able to outperform an AMD 6-core, if he gets a lower end i5 for slightly more (there's nothing low end about an i5 :D ) he will have a much better PC.

Also OP you should go with a nvidia, what with phyx, CUDA, and just the performance/price of the current generation, nvidia 600 cards are so much better than AMD 7000

Proof or it didn't happen. The Intel Core i3-3220 can only outperform the AMD FX-6300 by a little in some single threaded softwares: http://anandtech.com/bench/Product/677?vs=699 - I can show more if needed.

Edited by Guest

Proof or it didn't happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-roo ... hamed.html

Sure it's from June 2011, but things have pretty much stayed the same that intel CPUs just kill AMD ones.

nvidia 600 cards are so much better than AMD 7000

Oh really?

Physx, CUDA, price for performance. I'm not some fanboy saying "NVIDIA IS BETTER THAN AMD!!!" but every neutral person knows the 600 series is kicking the 7000 series' ass. If the sides turned I would happily buy an AMD card.

nvidia 600 cards are so much better than AMD 7000

Oh really?

Physx, CUDA, price for performance. I'm not some fanboy saying "NVIDIA IS BETTER THAN AMD!!!" but every neutral person knows the 600 series is kicking the 7000 series' ass. If the sides turned I would happily buy an AMD card.

PhysX is pretty much dead (in my opinion), CUDA is not used by games either (which I think is what we're focusing in?). As far as I'm concerned, Radeon HD 7800 series cards have a higher bandwidth than GeForce GTX 600 series cards. I don't know about now but some time ago cards had their voltage locked too - one point to Radeon HD 7800 series cards for the possibility to overclock as much as the user wanted (of course, as long as the cooling solution could handle it).

I'm not an AMD fanboy, I like both companies.

• 2 months later...

It is not a matter of wasting money, one does not just choose components because yes. AMD is in no way bad and sometimes cheaper and better than NVIDIA GPUs (GeForce GTX 650 is a good example of this). Also, that was simply his opinion.