Custom attachElements

bartekPL

Hi,

I'm writing custom function attachElementsEx (alternative for attachElements https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/AttachElements).

function attachElementsEx( theElement, theAttachToElement, ox, oy, oz, orx, ory, orz ) 
    ...  -- here I saving offsets etc. 
end 

addEventHandler( "onClientRender", getRootElement(), 
    function() 
        ...  -- here I calculating and updating positions and rotations of attached elements 
    end 
) 

While I'm calculating end point XYZ (including rotation), I have the following variables:

local px,py,pz = getElementPosition( theElement )  -- position XYZ of source element 
local rx,ry,rz = getElementPosition( theElement )  -- rotation XYZ of source element 
local ox,oy,oz  -- position offsets 
local orx,ory,orz  -- rotation offsets 

From this data i have to calculate end position (and rotation) of attached element, but i don't know how to do it. I know how to make same script in 2D dimension, but 3D it's too hard for me.

THX for help :)

Matrix is probably the most intuitive representation of element's position and rotation. matrix[1] (X) vector points to the right from the element. matrix[2] (Y) points to the front. matrix[3] (Z) points up. matrix[4] is the position of the element. The first example in the getElementMatrix page may help you to understand how it works.