[TUT] Updating admin countries (Manual & Automatic)

ATTENTION!!!

If anyone experienced a bug which froze the server, please read the instructions down the bottom.

Hey guys! I am back with another awesome tutorial! Today I will be showing all you people how to update the 'Admin' resource's country list. Some of you may have noticed my other tutorial, well if you had problems with that one, go ahead and use this one! I have a special treat here! Lets begin.

Automatic:

The fastest way known to man!

Steps

1. Replace your 'server/admin_ip2c.lua' file with this pastebin document
  2. Restart admin, and simple type /updateadmin, then it will begin downloading and installing it, it will say its done, then you need to restart the resource.

Manual:

The long way of everything!

Steps

1. Firstly you will need to download the updated database from HERE
  2. Once you've completed that step you will now need to open your admin folder and navigate to: ':admin/config' folder
  3. Now you want to extract the 'IpToCountry.csv' from the zip file to the ':admin/config' folder
  4. You will now need to change a setting in admin to allow this feature, open up the ':admin/server/admin_ip2c.lua' file, now search for the 'makeAndTestCompactCsv' variable and set it to true
  5. Now you are ready to begin installing it! Go ahead and restart admin panel
  6. In the server type the command: 'makecsv' and wait for 'makeCompactCsv done' to appear in the console
  7. Now it is essential that you set the 'makeAndTestCompactCsv' variable back to false so people don't mess around with it
  8. It's time for the very last part! All you have to do is restart the 'admin' resource

Congratulations kids, you've officially upgraded your 'admin' resource, remember to do this on a regular basis, this IP database is updated every few hours.

I wish you all the best Easter, suck chocolate for as long as you can, peace out!

EDIT: Working on a new update to help out all the new kids.

Edited by Guest
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah it fucked up my server too, fixing it.

ATTENTION:

STEPS TO FIX:

1) Make sure admin is stopped

2) Open the admin meta.xml and set:

"*useip2c" value="true" friendlyname="useip2c" group="_Advanced" accept="true,false" desc="Displays country flags next to players, set to false to save about 3MB of server RAM." /> 

to false:

"*useip2c" value="false" friendlyname="useip2c" group="_Advanced" accept="true,false" desc="Displays country flags next to players, set to false to save about 3MB of server RAM." /> 

2) Replace the 'server/admin_ip2c.lua' file to: http://pastebin.com/BbvtMvgV

3) Now go to conf folder and delete IpToCountryCompact.csv.

4) Start admin and use the /updateadmin command.

I am currently working on a stronger and more efficient version.

ALL USERS WHICH GOT BUGGED NEED TO DO THE MANUAL

UPDATE THEIR 'server/admin_ip2c.lua' file to this:

The host i use actually fucked up, so I'm going to be making a legitimate mirror system while you guys use this, that way we will never have a problem like this again.

• 6 months later...

Guys, when I restart the admin, in the console it says: Cannot read conf/IpToCountryCompact.csv

Is it a bad signal or something? I did what csmit195 said ("3) Now go to conf folder and delete IpToCountryCompact.csv.")

It seems to be working, but I just wanted to ask.

EDIT: Now I understand.

When you type 'makecvs' into console, it creates this file: IpToCountryCompact.csv

• 2 years later...