New Console

dustcrazy2003

"Drop & Play" is a patented mechanism that allows a DISCover® console to emulate the behavior of a videogame console. DISCover® accomplishes this by recognizing a PC title and automatically installing and playing the game. No other home entertainment system can play all the games and interactive multimedia titles available for a PC while requiring no computer knowledge to operate.

...Assuming every game was the same, but seriously now, even if it were possible, even on todays top end systems, it takes 15 minutes to install ut2k3 wtf would want to wait for a game to copy, and install EVERy time you play it. ASSUMING this was real, for the projected 299-399, I think i'll just stick with my computer with it's broadcast card if i want to play on a tv lol. It lists advantages it has over Consoles, but notice it doesn't list any advantages on a pc...thats because it has none lol. This fits in the same category as the dvd player sunglasses: nifty but an utter waste of green.

Have you guys heard about Microsoft project LONGHORN. Apparently, Microsoft are trying to do the same thing. That biach there looks like just a design to me. Its going to be the console wars all over again, now with the oldies Nintendo and Sega off the scene, the new boys barge in to try and knock the PS2 (and proberly the PS3) off the market too! The thing is, project Longhorn is still going to be a PC, but you won't have to install games... like the DISCover (stupid pun). Like all new things, it will cost you thousands to get one... Im sticking with Microsoft.

ohh and incase some of you's didnt know storing data and reading from a ram stick is a hell of a lot faster than a hard drive. you could load a game like ut2003 quicker than you can blink :)

Yeah, sure, but you aren't going to get a system of any variety with 5gb of ram for a projected 299-399 bucks hehe

And to curly, yeah, but, everytime, I didn't watch the vid, does it store the games, no way they'd expect a person to install it everytime do they?

Have you guys heard about Microsoft project LONGHORN. Apparently, Microsoft are trying to do the same thing. That biach there looks like just a design to me. Its going to be the console wars all over again, now with the oldies Nintendo and Sega off the scene, the new boys barge in to try and knock the PS2 (and proberly the PS3) off the market too! The thing is, project Longhorn is still going to be a PC, but you won't have to install games... like the DISCover (stupid pun). Like all new things, it will cost you thousands to get one... Im sticking with Microsoft.

nintendo is never going to leave the console buisness, no question about that. and im sure maybe one day sega will be back (hopefully)

also- no way this thing is fake, it's %100 percent real, but its a gamble.

its not a question of if nintendo wants to leave, if they keep putting out more kiddie (not so much so anymore) games only then there not going to have much popularity among those that i know :wink:

They already have left, after the gc disaster they quit. Now, like Sega, are starting to make games for other consoles but sticking with gc for the time being. I heard about it, sombit...

OK, its genuine. i beleive ya... but, i hate it. dont ask me why, its like Renaults, I hate them, don't ask me why. I think im just prejudice... It explains alot (including the crick in my neck...ow)

even on todays top end systems, it takes 15 minutes to install ut2k3 wtf would want to wait for a game to copy

Emm it takes 4 mins to install Enter the matrix on my comp - thats 3.4 gb

It took 2 mins to intsatt Max Payne 2 today and it takes 1 min for GTA: Vice City

This is with 48 speed Optical drive.....