MTAMA Problems Thread

Si|ent

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!!!

What could be a problem? I can run !mh on, but can't run !team on?

both scripts are loaded.

ThanX

RTFM!!!!!!!!! (for noobs: READ THE F00KING MANUAL)

1 script can be loaded at the time

you can load team.mrc and play team-play OR you can unload team.mrc load manhunt.mrc and play manhunt (and Visa-versa)

idea:

i wouldnt have a clue on how to do this..

but..

could you make team matches a bit more controlable... by adding somekinda colour or something in their name... or on the dot on the radar?

we (me and an serveradmin) got the teamscript rolling...but ppl were too confused to play properly.

the same goes for manhunt mode.

idea:

i wouldnt have a clue on how to do this..

but..

could you make team matches a bit more controlable... by adding somekinda colour or something in their name... or on the dot on the radar?

we (me and an serveradmin) got the teamscript rolling...but ppl were too confused to play properly.

the same goes for manhunt mode.

You currently can't change names/colors/player locations/ANYTHING or do anything besides kicking, banning, unbanning, listing bans, shutting down the server or saying things

It would be nice if there were a lot more admin control commands. Maybe in the next version?

they can only do what the admin control pannel lets them do. in other words

- the admin pannel lets them see the chat box input, and lets them kick, ban, and shutdown server as of right now

they cant do anything other then that as they are lacking the gamestate information being sent there. my only question is this, why not make it connected as a player, connect him with an admin connection, and use the gamestate information that way, as everything is sent(at least i think so). isnt that possible?

p.s. yes i know that this has been mentioned before, but i cant find it posted on here nor have i heard aaron say anything about it, hes just said things that hint around connecting as a player

I can make a script that connecton and goes with MTAMA but it takes 1 player slot. I have no problems with that BUT MrBump does.

If you can convince MrBump i can make a lot more game-modes... and extra options.

like:

Capture the whoopie! (which i can read car info)

Cops and robbers (which i can read coordinates...)

Kick on health cheating (which i can read health)

Connecting as a player in NOT permitted. Thats breaching on hacked/custom client territory areas and could far too easily be abused.

Be happy with the extra possibilities MTAMA has opened up and wait for coded-in gamemodes in future releases.

Ok,

Another Idea from me, I never learn.

We have been playing Rise and Shine is it possible to get a script for that. Basically, only the last person to kill can either kill or be killed next. And this would count the streak. It would also remind everyone what the record is for that game and have a timelimit for that round.

We are doing well without a script and this might be hairy on a big server where everyone spawns at different places but just thought I would ask.

We have been playing Rise and Shine is it possible to get a script for that.
I can make a script. So... The first 2 duelers are the first 2 in the player list, and when the other is killed by his opponent, the third one fights the winner, and if he wins, the fourth duels the third one.... Timelimit for each duel?

Just to know if I got the point:

8 players, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H

A vs B - B wins

B vs C - B wins

B vs D - B wins

B vs E - E wins, B's streak of 3 kills is announced and logged. B has the highest score now.

E vs F - E wins

E vs G - G wins, E's streak of 2 kills is announced and logged and he is now second in the score table. B still has the longest streak.

G vs H - G wins

G vs A - G wins

G vs B - G wins

G vs C - G wins

G vs D - D wins, G now leads with the longest streak of 5 wins.

D vs E.....

(PS. Maybe this belongs to the scripting thread?)

Just to know if I got the point:>

I believe you nailed it but I didn't want it to wait for a "certain next combatant" it may slow down the game, but I think it's a great idea. Otherwise noone knows when it's thier turn.

If it did keep the order correct then it would have to tell the next combatant that he is up.

a kills b

a's streak is 1

c kills a

c's streak is 1

a is winning with a 1 kill streak (this would be thrown up every so often)

f kills g

i actually got a useful idea... dunno if its possible..

if you could make the team game like this:

instead of !red and !blue, you could make it !cop and !rob

and if you didnt select robber if you typed !rob, you got kicked!(No team confusion! :D )

is this do-able?

...is this do-able?
Not with MTAMA, and why is everyone posting script suggestions in a PROBLEM thread anyway? Shu, go here.

Yes it is possible , in fact very easy, the only thing that needs to be done is change bleu to cops and red to robbers in the whole script , thats all.

No, you didn't read the whole text. This is the part that is impossible to do with the current mtama.
and if you didnt select robber if you typed !rob, you got kicked!

I keep getting "disconnected, timed out" messages...

I can connect, load the script, START the script, but then I'll time out from the server before 1 minute is up ALWAYS.

This makes no sense to me, since I'm connecting to localhost (127.0.0.1). Why would I time out connecting to a server on my local machine???? There should be NO latency???

It works great while I'm connected, but as soon as I get timed-out the script stops working... is there a way to run it without needing to be connected to the mirc admin tool?

not sure if this image will help, but here's what constantly happens:

error.jpg

could it have something to do with the fact that I'm not running the admin server on the default port?

cause all our other admins get booted from the NORMAL admin tool too, not the irc one. The official admin tool... they can connect, but within 60 seconds or so they get timed out...

Do you run anything else that uses port 2020? Any ad-ware programs (Opera Brower, etc.) running the might use those ports to retreive new ads?

Try using a different port and see if that helps.