Timeouts!!!!

Ok i've tried to get help in MTA IRC channel but had no luck so im turning to you people in the forum.

Whenever i connect to a server and start playing MTA 0.3 (I've tries numerous servers even official ones) i get disconnected after a minute or so and it says either, Connection to Server Timeout or CRC Check Timeout and im fed up with it now so i need to know if anyone else has same problem and if anyone knows a fix to this or to make it so it happens after like an hour at least so at least i can get some enjoyment out of it:

GTA Version: 1.1

OP: XP

Net Connection: ISDN

Help appreciated lots.

Good work MTA Team on gettin 0.3 out for the new yr :D

-w00t

I'm having this same problem, all patched up 1.1..etc. Everything's fine except for these crazy timeouts. I could hardly play earlier because every 1-2 minutes I'd timeout. Once I got that CRC check timeout, but I believe the whole server got that cause I asked someone else and they attested to it.

Here's some of my specs

Windows 2k Pro

Cable (Unsat. Network)

Geforce 2 MX 400 64 meg

After I finally got the game working, I too cannot stay on a server more than a minute or two. Even on a LAN with one other computer, when I move the ping goes to 30000+ and times out after a while. :x

I've had a similar problem with timeouts, which happen regardless of VC being loaded or not. The timeouts are split fairly evenly between "Connection timed out." and "Client CRC Check Timeout."

After a bit of testing my conclusion is simply that you can't play on a server hosting 16 players using a single channel ISDN or lower connection.

With 16 players on a server I get a constant flow of 11.5K/s in, and since a single ISDN line only gives about 7.5K/s of bandwidth, the server hammers me out of existance when using a single ISDN.

However with 8 players I get a constant 6.5K/s in, which a single ISDN channel can handle, although would still be beyond a modem.

Unfortunately most decent servers are for 16 players or more, and since dual ISDN costs me an arm and a leg to run, no MTA for me...

Hmm *does rough calculation* is it me or does 5Kbps of information per player seem like quite a lot?

Yes it does this constatly with version 1.0 also.

But i went on last night and I noticed that if you join a game with low MAX players it wont disconnect you! Yes, I know you wont be able to join big games but at least you can still play. If this does not work for someone post more below. Thank you.

I usually stop playing mta every time i start because I'm too

frustrated from trying to keep connected.

Often times I'll stay connected long enough to get near another

player, then I get "disconnected from server".

I am on a dsl, 1.5 down, 128kbit up.

I allways go for the best ping servers I can, and usually

keep a low ping until I'm disconnected.

This issue is new to .3 and .3r2. I am using vc v1.0.

On the plus side, I get to see lots of "chicken with it's head cut off"

behaviour.

I usually stop playing mta every time i start because I'm too

frustrated from trying to keep connected.

Often times I'll stay connected long enough to get near another

player, then I get "disconnected from server".

I am on a dsl, 1.5 down, 128kbit up.

I allways go for the best ping servers I can, and usually

keep a low ping until I'm disconnected.

This issue is new to .3 and .3r2. I am using vc v1.0.

On the plus side, I get to see lots of "chicken with it's head cut off"

behaviour.

This is pretty much exactly my problem, only my lines a little faster(3mb/280kbit) and I use version 1.1