Still lots of cheating

why spend time on cheeters there are always going to be some

The problem is these cheater create so much aggravation and destroy a great mod by trashing the honest players.

Cheaters that run like superman, don't die and gun down honest players will destroy MTA (no joke).

Couldn't their be a voting scheme (similar to Battlefield 1942) to kick players off the server and ban their IP? That way, if the cheater comes back again, then he can keep being kicked off until he runs out of IP addresses.

I can't wait until MTA reaches 1.0. It will be so cool.

IdeoPraxist

PS: The MTA game is a little boring sometimes. Couldn't you implement a 'Conquest' map (similar to Battlefield 1942) where gangs conquer territories? Just a thought.

I'd be so addicted to this game if there was a 'conquest' mode! :D

Edited by Guest
...Couldn't their be a voting scheme (similar to Battlefield 1942) to kick players off the server and ban their IP? That way, if the cheater comes back again, then he can keep being kicked off until he runs out of IP addresses.

As long as there is an present admin there, cheaters can be kicked and banned. Right?

But the whole voting thing sounds like a good idea. As long as people understand that the game is still in its beta stages. I've encountered houndreds of players who think people are cheating, just because of the beta "glitches".

And I agree when you say

Cheaters that run like superman, don't die and gun down honest players will destroy MTA (no joke).

Cheaters are actually the ONLY reason why I'm not playing MTA that much. I don't really understand why people cheat. Sure, it's thrilling and cool to have unlimited weapons and such... But why can't they do that in GTA, instead of poluting MTA...

Cheaters suck...

Lets face it, every game has cheats, from 1942 to CS, hackers eventually find ways around the system.

The only problem is that MTA was too easy for these hackers to figure out, and the cheating spread so damn fast.

lol. its easy to edit the damn client. too easy

There must be some good methods on the server side to monitor client activities. For example:

Warp Cheat

The server can check to see if the user is moving well beyond the fastest vehicle (x,y,z math check). If so, drop the information. The user won't move if the server dumps these hacked packets.

No Death Cheat

The geography of characters and 'dangerous' objects collision detection should regulate the health of players on the server side.

I don't program client/server game systems, so i'm probably pulling puppies out of my ass with my novice ideas.

That may be so but it still doesnt exclude the fact that all you hear about is MTA Dev team trying to stop cheaters instead of fixing bugs. Even though I dont feel like getting into another arguement because its pointless I dont consider what Im doing cheating.I dont use trainers, I only play on stunt servers and I only play MTA like 5 days in a month. Even if Iam helping others cheat I still dont like being held back from doing whatever I want even if I dont use it. I made them for myself but decided to release them because I didnt like anybody elses and got tired of emailing mine to people. My goal for my site is to teach people about hacking/cracking. Its not nearly there yet but if they dont care about learning themselves then who am I to stop them from downloading a crack and playing their game the way they want to.

That may be so but it still doesnt exclude the fact that all you hear about is MTA Dev team trying to stop cheaters instead of fixing bugs. Even though I dont feel like getting into another arguement because its pointless I dont consider what Im doing cheating.I dont use trainers, I only play on stunt servers and I only play MTA like 5 days in a month. Even if Iam helping others cheat I still dont like being held back from doing whatever I want even if I dont use it. I made them for myself but decided to release them because I didnt like anybody elses and got tired of emailing mine to people. My goal for my site is to teach people about hacking/cracking. Its not nearly there yet but if they dont care about learning themselves then who am I to stop them from downloading a crack and playing their game the way they want to.

There is just one problem with that, Splooge. The rules. By using cheats you are in direct violation of the end-user license agreement that many don't bother to read. Violating any EULA is against the law. I'll leave it at that.

I just read over the whole conversation, i think that kids who figure out how to crack their mta client and use trainers and cheats etc...well basically i dont find much wrong with cars moving at excessive speeds that much of a cheat...its a mod for one, and two: its not killing 'you'

and for the dumbasses who use infinte health from their trainers, you need help, what good is a multi-player game when you DONT EVEN DIE.

i mean, i can see infinite ammo, like, there's possibility to die an shit, but if you're gonna use full health, go to a f*ckin stunt server. this is my opinion but i have to say i cant wait for the next client update, this aiming glitch is bullshit, i wanna kill the person aiming AT them, not beside them etc.

I just read over the whole conversation, i think that kids who figure out how to crack their mta client and use trainers and cheats etc...well basically i dont find much wrong with cars moving at excessive speeds that much of a cheat...its a mod for one, and two: its not killing 'you'

It's obvious you haven't played very much MTA. The cheaters kill everyone who is not cheating.

The cheating has reached a point where new AND experienced players won't play for long. The MTA crew might as well stop production because there is no incentive for true Grand Theft Auto players to play online.

GTA and GTA VC were the best selling games ever. Why isn't their thousands of servers with thousands of players? Cheaters have decimated the multiplayer community.

No one dies, no risk, no challenge means no fun. The cheaters have won.

cheaters have far from won. i pwn cheaters on a nightly basis because as much as theyd like to think otherwise, they are FAR from invincible. you just cant kill them using conventional methods.

We'd love to concentrate 100% of our efforts into the foundation of the mod, building a stable netcode and client and eliminating those few remaining bugs. Unfortunately thanks to the stupid pricks like yourself who spread cheats and hacks and try to justify it with some half arse 'but i wannna do whatever i want to mommy' comments we are diverted from that and have to attempt to combat them to maintain a fair and level playing field for all players.

Don't you dare pretend you feel any kind of support or love for MTA, if you did you wouldnt go out of your way to ruin it for many.

Locked, banned, and if theres any justice in the world, going to fall foul of some great big bruiser of a psycho in real life cos of his 'i want to do what ever i want' attitude.