Fixing gamepad camera

Wallace

Question

Hi there!

I play races on gamepad and I find it really difficult with the camera not following the car. I have to use right analog to keep it in place which is inconvinient.

Default it looks like this:

screen1lv.png

And i'd like it to follow the car like this:

screen2sv.png

Also when I'm driving straight camera looks like this:

screen3n.png

But it's hard to see so i have to keep my left analog all the way up, but then again it's inconvinient to turn with the left analog up all the time:

screen4is.png

I've been searching forum and i found couple similar threads but none with actual answer. I checked gamepad settings in MTA - changing to Classic Controls didn't do anything except I couldn't move camera with my mouse and Dead Zone and Saturation has nothing to do with camera itself. Has anyone found solution to this yet? Maybe some client side mod to fix the camera in one place or something.

Big thanks for any replies!

7 answers to this question

Sorry for the bump, but I came back to this idea and found out that it could be possible with PermEdit + CamHack.

Is it considered cheating or not? Other than that i see no other way to script it since i'm not the owner of the server and can't affect resources in any way.

I just tried cam hack in single player and it worked great for races, unfortunately even with PermEdit it kicked me from every server. :C

I guess there's no way to improve gameplay by your own, or at least i didn't manage to do that.