What do you press to get out of GTAVC when GTA/MTA crashes?

What do you press to get out of GTAVC when GTA/MTA crashes?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What do you press to get out of GTAVC when GTA/MTA crashes?

• Control + Alt + Delete
    • Alt + F4
    • Alt + Tab
    • Control + Escape
    • Press/Mash the Enter Key
    • Press/Mash the Space Bar Key
    • Press/Mash The Windows Key
    • Another Combination/Method Not Listed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I tend to make a hash of things if I don't do it in this order:

Press Return twice- Somtimes works, if not

Press CTRL, ALT, DEL and then press Standby button- Works most of the time, if not

Turn off at the mains and give up- Always works

But then I have to reset my Alarm clock, wait for the PC to boot up and then wait ready for the worst that its either BSODed, my Desktop has dissapeared or the PC can't seem to find the Keyboard... weird :roll:

Crash: If you wait a bit for Dr. Watson to create a log and finish (5-10 secs depending on the machine), you'll only have to press space, or enter once. If you don't want to wait, you'll have to press space or enter once to get rid of Watson and another time for the windows error to go away.

Freeze: Quite rare and kinda hard to deal with, but you can work around one if you keep your cool and think a lil.

- Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc (yeah I kinda hate Alt+Ctrl+Del-ing cause it's not as ... elegant :o) will fire up the task manager in Win2000/XP's. Alt-Tab to it and also notice the order of the running progs; VC is usually the first and it helps to know.

- From the task manager, you just have to change to the apps tab (Ctrl+Shift+Tab for me, since I always check the threads tab and notihng else) and then kill the frozen VC proggy by hitting home (selecting the first prog from the list) and then Tab and Space to highlight the End Task button and press it. You are now able to see the kill app window that comes up and you just have to press space once again. Now you're free to go to your still running MTA and fire up the game. Once again you've saved your session and didn't have to restart your OS :P.

Erm, wait..... why am I getting that distinct impression some1 else has described this before me? Bah, whatever.

i've found that usually it depends on the pc wether it crashes the pc or not...or rather not crash...but stop and block access to all other programs lol. So far as i've experienced, 1.0 tends to do this much more than 1.1 on every system i've run mtavc on. if it'll run fine with 1.1, i go ahead and update it just for this reason lol

*sees the dust flying away*

stop bumping very old threads!

This one needs to keep going! See all the good replies? :D

This one will always have life in it as long as new users come around

/me would like to request a sticky, the poll would get really interesting in the future (and help people escape reboots! :D - I know it did for me. Ever since this topic I have only reset once. Before it I was resetting 5-10 times a day).

I run Winblows 2000, and if Vice City freezes, I just push ctrl-alt-del, then alt-T (for Task Manager) and then alt-E twice (End Task, End Now).

I've found it's the fastest for me, because the Program Error box doesn't always come up, or it does several seconds after VC has froze anyway.