Suggestions for .4 * .4 suggestions closed*

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i know all that i played my friend but it was a bugger to set up

like an option to host game

and for the joiner a option to search the network for avalible games would be good

Ok,

It's been a long time since i've posted on these forums and I doubt my suggestion would be looked at seriously after 53 other post, but hey, here it goes.

I was just playing tonight and I thought of an idea to implement in MTA version 0.4.

How about a command line variable to enable you to connect directly to a server by adding the IP address to the command line?

I.E. "mtavc.exe 210.55.XXX.XXX"

That way it's possible to make shortcuts to your favourite servers on your desktop (or whatever) without having to load ASE or having to type your favourite IP address in every time.

Being a programmer myself I know that this is not hard to implement in any progrom you create and I also think it would make a nice little feature to add command line options to the game, just like most other multiplayer online games do.

1programing_the_command_computer_console.JPG

It would definitely take the hard work our of getting to your favourite servers quickly and I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from getting this into the next version...

Frank "Ponch" Poncherello

Bij uw dienst... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I know that you have talked about cpu controlled traffic in mta and the problem was the bandwidth.. Well I don't know if it's stupid but I've got an ideia:

What about programming new traffic (not like the random ones in normal gta) to make always the same course in the same time, this way all that you would need was to sync all clients to the same time... :?

I know that you have talked about cpu controlled traffic in mta and the problem was the bandwidth.. Well I don't know if it's stupid but I've got an ideia:

What about programming new traffic (not like the random ones in normal gta) to make always the same course in the same time, this way all that you would need was to sync all clients to the same time... :?

Yeah, but imagine how much time that would add on to the release date - we're talking at least double time just for one feature.

Also, completely unrelated, does anyone know where the blue emoticons are going? There were 3 left this morning, and I'm looking now and there's only 2 :?

yes I know that would take too much time it's true and I know it's not one of the priorities now but it would take out that "desert-like" feeling that we have when we play on less crowded servers

does mta include missions or not?
If by missions, you mean co-op missions, then no. Maybe in the future though...
Also, completely unrelated, does anyone know where the blue emoticons are going? There were 3 left this morning, and I'm looking now and there's only 2 :?
We've got somthing about blue, thats all.

eAi

• 4 weeks later...

How about a mode where all the jumps are matrix style, with just a little patch? Even though this'll never work out, I can alteast imagine it. You are running, then, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

As lag is an issue for all players no matter what ping they have and one high pinger wont effect other players pings like it does in most online games that seems a little harsh. However if you must be a Bandwidth Bigot you can always use mtama to warn then kick players with certain pings.