Upgrading cars and Destruction Derby

Guest badgerman

First off I want to say to the team well done for this mod, although I havent tried it at home yet (only just discovered this site) it looks extremely promising.

Couple suggestions but they arent amazing

1) Would it ever be possible to modify a garage so you could upgrade your car with better armour, wheels (width, grip and design), engine and colour through a sort of in game gui? Or if thats not possible have pickup tokens (like a police or medic star) for better items at certain levels of money that you own on your car. You would have to make the tokens pickupable in a car so the game would know which car to upgrade.

2) From there i thought about having a destruction derby game at the airport or a car park so once your happy with your upgraded car you could enter a competition against others and win money if yours is the last working car. Possible problem with this is how would you activate a destruction derby in the game, certain players may not want to play that game but go into the area of where its been designed to be played at.

I'm fairly new to VB programming, I certainly dont have the ability to create anything like this team has done but i cant imagine these two ideas being far fetched or impossible to create.

Thoughts on this anyone?

It's certainly a good idea, I mean I really like the idea of a demolition derby, but I think people will find ways of exploiting the car upgrades function and "h4x0r5" will have their way with everyone in the derbies. Maybe just a plain old demolition derby mode? It wouldn't be too difficult to program.

yes i know "why don't you try it?" because i'm lazy, and whatever i made would be half assed and people would hate me for it. but I have confidence in the mta programmers.

well demolition could be a game mode.. so if join a demol game, then thats what you play..

then there could be GT^2A3:MTA (GT squared A3:MTA) or GTTA3:MTA,

Grand Turismo Theft Auto.. heh.. i think it would be best to add that to street racing (SR).. have two different versions like so:

SR Free = join server, play with gta3 cars

SR Passion = create an account, MTA server keeps track of your stats. when you join an SRP game, the money (credits) you earn from winning these virtual races, you can use to build up your car. also you can optionally sell or trade your parts with other player.. you make the price \ deal over a chat system. every time you load a SRP game, you type your ID and PASS and then your stats will be loaded to the server... (this is mainly to prevent hacking...) also there should be an auto sho, wher you can buy nos and stuff.. the shop will access a server to display offers available..

anyway SRP would be sweet but a bit large for a game mode.. but sweet none the less.. it would also be a bitch for the programmers... and once finished, would probably count as a whole release update...

Good points on those two, though i didnt really mean to turn the game into GT just simple pick ups to improve the car your in. The only thing that i thought of last night is what happens if you left your car and beyond the drawing distance of the car, would it simply vanish?

I think i got slightly confused about entering games such as CTMW, where you would goto a certain area in the game and activate it but i realised that its like GTA and GTA2 where you state the game you want to play before you join. In fact it would be nice to see such a feature as changing games whilst in the game but i know that would be pretty hard to do and control.

The upgrading thing: That would have to be its own mod, since so much would have to be worked on, fixed, balanced, etc. to make it good.

And, well, the descruction derbies aren't much fun when you think about it... Simply running around banging into each other...

They're good ideas ('specially the first one), but I just can't help but hate the idea of a Demolition Derby in GTA3 :):wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I cant say the demolition derby idea is good, but it does sound pretty tempting!

The upgrading thing sounds wierd though. What exactly would you put on your car? a new engine and/or engine sounds or a new paintjob, or what?

I don't think upgrades are going to happen in mta. The FnF Mod team were working on that stuff actually.

Im sure MTA will have a turismo mode, where you just race from a random point a to b, over the whole map, maybe with checkpoints etc.

The demolition is expected overcourse.... driveby Uzis, ramming people into oncomming traffic and trying to blow up the opponent's car is all par for the course, as is stealing a better car and winning (not your opponent's car though)

from what little i know about GTA3, each possible upgrade configuration would take another car. there's only a fixed number of cars in the game world, you can only swap out one car to make another. while theres some small chacne you could change cars on the fly (although even harder in multiplayer), it would pretty much mean that for every option you devised n, you'd have to remove 2^n cars from the game.

what is possible and more likely is having a select couple of cars having a super edition. drive in with x leave with x++.

either way, a mod on a mod, not gta3mta material.

Myren