New Server Mods

e-Hate

Question

Hey fellow MTA'ers... so.. I'm running a race server with a group of friends specially made for racing NASCAR style... I've come across a map on GTAinside.com .. and it claims to be downloaded so you can play it in single player.. but obviously we can make it work for MTA... However, I'm new to doing server mods for everyone who joins the server.

Can someone PLEASE take a look at this and help me figure out how I can get it to work like a race map on my dedi server?

Link to map:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... d&id=13727

Thanks,

e-Hate

9 answers to this question

Hey fellow MTA'ers... so.. I'm running a race server with a group of friends specially made for racing NASCAR style... I've come across a map on GTAinside.com .. and it claims to be downloaded so you can play it in single player.. but obviously we can make it work for MTA... However, I'm new to doing server mods for everyone who joins the server.

Can someone PLEASE take a look at this and help me figure out how I can get it to work like a race map on my dedi server?

Link to map:

http://www.gtainside.com/en/download.ph ... d&id=13727

Thanks,

e-Hate

maybe Map Editor

@e-Hate: You can use this map converter: viewtopic.php?f=140&t=38462

Thanks for replying, I'll give it a shot, but do you think it'll keep the "realistic" look of the race track, and allow me to add race markers to it so people can race on it?

EDIT: When I ran the converter it gives me a huge list of errors.. about collisions? "Error collision missing" and then it closes and puts nothing in the output folder. Any ideas?

EDIT: Some of my custom maps I found have .dat files too.. what do I do with those? lol

You must export all the collisions inside the collision file your map has into single collision files.

I don't know about the .dat, since I don't even use this program.

Grrr! by collision files do you mean all the txd's etc? This is my first time doing something like this, and I have like 5 maps I need to do xD

What do you use and what do you recommend?

No, TXD = texture files.

I use a program called: "colleditor", search for it.

I'm sorry to be such a noob at this man.. I really am.. but I put together this small photo album (4 pics) showing the different levels of the .rar i'm trying to turn into the mta race map......... Please take a look to see why I'm so confused with what goes where:

http://imgur.com/a/hmLiU#0

The folder with all the .dff's is the all the textures etc.. then in a separate folder in the .rar is the maps folder and a gta.dat ... when I open the maps folder i get an IDE and IPL and another folder called interior.. (Just so you can see what's going on in the SS's)

Again, sorry to be so noob at this, but I really want to make this work.

Thanks,

e-Hate