Weapons

eL bAd

I've been looking for a sniper rifle, haven't been able to find one, nor to I think there is one. It would be cool to have it. I know with some of the lag and netcode problems the sniper rifle may be useless but what the hell. Id still give it a try.

Thanks.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting a little de ja vu'y just know. We had this conflab about getting the Hunter out the game not too long ago. I think, if your unlucky enough to get in the way of a Rocket or a round from a Sniper Rifle, you might remember next time to go get the thing yourself. Sure, it would be annoying and sure, people would want to put you on a spit roast if you kill to many but thats the aim of the game, if R*had made a multiplayer version themselves, i'm sure they would have included everything.

In game balancing should never be a problem on an online game, human players always have the advantage over comp. players, so its only fair when it comes to Humans vs Humans.

A friend of mine searched the whole Vice City to find a Sniper rifle, until somebody told hit that there aren't any. It could be unfair, but that wouldn't be so bad since it would add another dimension to firefights. Not that it would be needed though.

Before your "friend" searches everywhere for a tank or rocketlauncher or something have "him" look at the weapon and vehicle maps that are posted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Gee, this thread is so old, lol. Anyway, about weapons and such. I think what's best to focus on is synchronisation. It needs to get very accurate before the sniper rifle is any good whatsoever. I'm not sure how hard it is/was for the MTA team to do the bullets hitting ppl etc (and that still needs work too ofcourse), but once the sync is done, and THEN the bullets are done, after THAT I suppose you could introduce the sniper rifle.

Now, I know a few (if not a lot) of you are saying "But then everybody will get the sniper rifle" blah blah blah. Ok, well here's an idea I got from Far Cry (for those of you who've played that multiplayer you'll know what I'm talking about). How about those people that are currently HOLDING a sniper rifle display differently on the map? Or perhaps some indication as to where they are? (maybe tiny arrows or something along the screen border). Then sure, the ones out there that LOVE sniper rifles will probably get capped a few more times. But then we ALSO avoid all the other people complaining that people are camping etc etc etc, since you'll know where they are.

Still though, if you have a group of excellent snipers on the map, another solution is to get to them via air ofcourse. Just land a heli in the middle, jump out & blow the thing up :D (or whatever else you have in mind ;) )

Anyway, hadn't posted in a long time so, there's my 2 cents for the year, lol ;)

Gee, this thread is so old, lol. Anyway, about weapons and such. I think what's best to focus on is synchronisation. It needs to get very accurate before the sniper rifle is any good whatsoever. I'm not sure how hard it is/was for the MTA team to do the bullets hitting ppl etc (and that still needs work too ofcourse), but once the sync is done, and THEN the bullets are done, after THAT I suppose you could introduce the sniper rifle.

That sounds like a job for the new core.

Yeah, sniper would rock, but for those of you who see only pros, here's the cons:

1. With the increased range, a person would be harder to spot on the radar.

2. It takes time to set up with the rifle, so a m60 in range would have the advantage.

3. It takes time to reset the rifle between shots, so 1 missed shot would leave the sniper defenseless.

4. Like the m60, it'll be useless if someone runs up on you with a shotgun. (heh heh >: D)

Two pluses that I have yet to see mentioned though, it'd add a whole new dimension to clan wars, and it'd join heliblades and point blank stubby to the back as cheat killers.

2. It takes time to set up with the rifle, so a m60 in range would have the advantage.

3. It takes time to reset the rifle between shots, so 1 missed shot would leave the sniper defenseless.

4. Like the m60, it'll be useless if someone runs up on you with a shotgun. (heh heh >: D)

Yeah, but you have to have that to balance it otherwise it's too powerful.