MTA Integrate with SQL

Right guys,

Wondering how to to link MTA SA with Mysql, now this may be stupid if someone has already posted a topic about it could you link me to it?. What i mean is, in big scripts such as Valhalla, Vedic etc. , they have a folder named Mysql, but how do they get it, i can set up a big script, but it is no use setting it up if you don't understand any of it,,

How do you link MTA:SA with Mysql and Sqlite etc,?

Please forgive if this makes me look stupid in some way, or if the question is stupid, but hey, we all need to learn!!

Thanks again, Lloyd

Topic moved to "Scripting" section.

https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Ser ... _functions

These are the MySQL and SQLite functions, in order to use MySQL, you need a MySQL server, that could be "xampp" ( is what I use ).

SQLite doesn't require a MySQL server, you could either use the function which stores the data on "registry.db": executeSQLQuery, or the db functions which can open custom .db files.

I prefer MySQL over SQLITE just because of its flexability, you can simply move your MySQL Database all around whenever you want, and there's not too much hassle..

SQLite is handy if you want to save data real quick, but i really recommend MySQL as it's simply superior in flexibility and usability... ( imo ofcourse )

If you run it on the same computer, the difference should be hard to notice. However, SQLite is faster. If you run an external MySQL server, that will obviously be slower (and enough that you might actually notice it) due to networking.

• 2 weeks later...