Speedometer/Tacho?

Do you want that MTA re-enables my Speedometer?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want that MTA re-enables my Speedometer?

• Yes, of course!
    • No. (even if it does not run slower)
    • Speedometer/Tacho? Where can I find this?

[1. I KNOW THIS IS A MOD, BUT IT DOES NOT EFFECT MTA IN ANY CASE]

Hi guys!

Probably you know about that Speedometer I made for GTA VC.

I made it for MTA 0.1 compatible and had a lot of fun with it!

In MTA 0.2 it does not work, because MTA overwrites those MEM-Addresses where I type in my Designed-Speedometer with blank fields to keep it invisible.

I think you would like to know how fast you are inside your MP-Game.

Plz vote that the MTA-Coders stop blanking that mem-addresses so the Speedometer works again in MTA 0.2.

Cya, DracoBlue

Link to that Speedometer : Here

Link to my Homepage : Here

heres my 2 cents

would it be nice to have a speedomiter: hell ya it would

should they put in extra effort to get it in? nah there doing fine already

if they blocked those addresses, then theres probably a good reason that they did.

DracoBlue: would it be possible for you to change your lines to work with 0.2?

Hmm the problem is, that there are 45 main.scm textfields which can be filled with text. But when I fill them running the mta-0.2-client all those fields are cleared all the time.

Things like the Infos about Characterselection are shown there too but this fields I don't overwrite to keep MTA runnin without any problems.

My current version works quite good, but because this fields are all 50ms blanked I have to refill them after every clean by the mta-client --> game gets slower with this method.

It would be easier and better for the performance to keep some of this free of this cleaning part. (Even if there is no speedometer MTA probably could run faster without this, but this is not my part *lol*)

Cya, DracoBlue

As stated, we have not put in any code to block this sort of modification, but obviously some of the methods we are using to do things have made this type of mod. unusable.

We are not about to change the methods of the 0.2.x Client's to allow for these types of mods, and I cannot speak for what the future will hold.

Dracoblue

Why dont you spend your time getting your gtat .5 out instead of worrying about if your speedometer works in MTA2 ? I have wanted to test out your GTAT but apparently not a single server is out there running it. All I can assume is that it must be a pretty lousy mod if not one person is willing to put up a server. When I asked about it in the forums there, all I got was everyone was waiting til .5, and BTW wtf happend to .4? Are you doing version inflation?

0.4 was a "secret" version whatever that means! :P And therefore never released!

Don't say that a mod must suck just do one yourself instead! :evil:

0.3b is VERY old and therefore MTA is better and the community gtaT had has moved here!

BTW, I also think he should just concentrate on 0.5 as much as he possibly has the energy to! :D

0.4 was a "secret" version whatever that means! :P And therefore never released!

Don't say that a mod must suck just do one yourself instead! :evil:

0.3b is VERY old and therefore MTA is better and the community gtaT had has moved here!

BTW, I also think he should just concentrate on 0.5 as much as he possibly has the energy to! :D

Notice I did not log onto his site and complain to him at his lack of a viable product. My comments were in reaction to him coming here and basically accusing the MTAVC devs of purposely locking out his speedometer. Even after they told him they were not doing it on purpose he continued to harrass them.

He also brings alot of problems on himself when he does things like promise 96 player support on the next version when he only has like a dozen beta testers max. HTF can he test, debug, and optimize a 96 player server with 12 beta testers? If he constantly is claiming how his MOD is going to be so much better than other MODs (MP) then he opens up the whole can of worms as to people being a little skeptical. Then it doesnt help when he comes in here and fires off his mouth about how MTAVC are pulling dirty tricks on him, that they CLEARLY are not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From a stunters point of veiw a Speedometer would be a good thing cause Id be able to tell if I have enough speed to pull off a height or distance jump. I'd also be able to match speed to pull off the same stunt agian and agian. (for filming vids).

However...I see and understand MTA's stand on supporting mods.

I dont think is beacuse they dont want to EVER have mods for MTA but its a matter of an "ever evolving MTA code".

Think about it for a minute... if they do say "Yes, we will change the code back so your Speedometer Mod works" then they have effectivily put up a barded wire fence around that section of code. Now, if down the line they need that section, they have to contact the MOD maker (cause they are nice guys and wouldnt actively block a mod out without atleast an email :wink: ) and either find a work around or tell em "Sorry, we can no longer support the mod." Then the MTA Community is gonna be tweaked cause a well liked MOD no longer works.

Who knows...once it get closer to the Final Version, they might start helping modders but until then i wouldnt hold you breath :oops:

• 4 weeks later...