Adding MTA specific graphics and controller features to SP

JustExtreme

Question

I understand that this may be an odd question but would it be possible to add the updated graphics settings and wonderful controller support that is in MTA into the single player of San Andreas?

I am not requesting that anyone do this for me; in fact I would be interested in exploring the possibilities myself with a team of likeminded volunteers.

Thanks for your replies :)

11 answers to this question

Took 5 days to me to watch this topic, but well. There's a graphics mod called 'iCEnhanced' that makes a d3d9.dll file read a .fx file in GTA SA, with some includes. Though, I shouldn't recommend that. Well, yeah, the shaders shown in that shader examples page look good, though it doesn't reach (it might do that soon) ENBSeries graphics. If you want to them to look as MTA shaders do, you'd have to modify the enbsettings.ini file, it's not that hard to understand what does a value do.

controller support

What is that about?

I would love this feature. The original game has poor support for controllers (especially 360 controller) and the MTA team have done an amazing job on the controller support for MP. Is it possible you could release a mod for SP GTA SA to be able to use these features? I know it's asking a lot.

Perhaps scripting functions to detect if the player is using a controller, and what type (type 'a' should have the normal ps3/xbox controller design) so that you can custom-tailor your script (with function to turn off default controller actions) to the controller.