passenger seat (aim and shoot 360° while driving)

l2ebel

which passenger seat style would u like most in further mta releases?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. which passenger seat style would u like most in further mta releases?

• 360° aim(on top of car)
    • out of backdoors of vans
    • keep it standard,like it is right now

please take a vote

description:

1:other players can jump on top of certain cars(bobcat,walton,flatbed,other cars are still standard passenger seat) than they can aim with any gun 360°.this could be coded so player would never fall off the car(like glue)but i think the glue stuff should be only enabled for planes, player on cars should still fall down if the car crashes.

2:players can open backdoors of vans and shoot only to the rear(i guess problems coz there's no animation for this).

3:keep it standard,like it is right now

im voting for the first one, nice vehicle wars specially when ctf gamemode is out :wink:

update (original posted a bottom of page 2):

when checking a gta mod site i saw that someone made a scm where you can do the police vigilante missions with a guy standing in the back of your flatbed, its also written that you as player can be on the back of waltons and the npc's drive you to the mission and you have to shoot, but i didnt played missions yet, only tested the flatbed.

i made a short vid to show you how this 360° mod would look like:

download the vid<--3mb

for those who want the mod, go: http://www.gtaplanet.de than go to files\mods\vc\MOD NEW VICE CITY 2004 <-- sry no direct link

now it only has to be implemented to MTA: vc+gta3 and offcourse having a stable core first

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well as ive noticed, in single player u CAN jump on a car and ride with it, it was funny to get the army to come after me, use fly cheat to get in back of the truck, and turn them off, a free ride in the back and disable police, military drive by :P

but when i tried to get in back on mta u slide out

so it is possible to stand on cars... jus getting mta to understand ur on a car and update your XYZ depending on the cars position is all you got to do

The problem is actually getting this to WORK... If it was a simple feature to implement, then number 1.

about the glue thing(only planes k?),something like that is already existing in SP(mission:phil cassidy/ where u gotta collect the guns/guys r standing on waltons without falling down).why is this harder to get in mta than the actual passenger seat? :scratch:

well as ive noticed, in single player u CAN jump on a car and ride with it

yeah if u drive slowly :-k

im very suprised that everybody likes this idea :shock::D

why is this harder to get in mta than the actual passenger seat? :scratch:

Well, first person and third person views are quite different in GTA:VC if I recall correctly... I'm guessing that one of the problems is that there wouldn't be a way of knowing where the player was aiming...

why is this harder to get in mta than the actual passenger seat? :scratch:

Well, first person and third person views are quite different in GTA:VC if I recall correctly... I'm guessing that one of the problems is that there wouldn't be a way of knowing where the player was aiming...

k ill test it soon with some ppl (maybe some of the vcsc gonna help me) irc\quakenet\#vcstuntcrew. and if there's a problem with first person aim then we could just use 3rd,im also giving a savegame(where the glue thing is located) to a programmer he's gonna check it out,im going my own way to find it out coz i dont expect to get useful help in this forum.

+"me" can u tell me from where u r recalling ur stuff? i'd like to read it thx :)

Well, this isn't a real priority at the moment.. but suggesting is good of course.

About the idea: the glue thing and such may be possible to implement (i'm thinking of the helicopter mission in VC singleplayer) and it would be cool for certain missions. I don't know if it would be very good to use it in deathmatch modes, but with this feature we can enable/expand other missions to make even more fun :D

So yea, when we got some mission ideas/plans we can start thinking about this (your two options).

• 3 weeks later...

the "glue idea" (otherwise known as "carsurfing")has always been a wish of mine.

who doesn't want to have a chainsaw/fist/sword fight on top of a moving bus?

or get one of those huge army transports and load it up with people, it would be a parade of death!

or swoop in on a helicopter just like neo, and blast the heck out of oncoming traffic.

oh the possibilities.

anyways, it would definitly be a reasonable alternative to enabling driveby shootings, should that prove to be impossible

It should be VERY possible to get ppl the ability to shoot from chopper by 1st person. U can do it by foot, the heli would only make it lag more.

And slipping from the roof of a car shouldn't be disabled (or anyone could destroy it just by jumping on n attacking), just made easier to stay on by, for x-ample, crouching (just came into my mind... nothing special). But it's kinda complicated...

Depends of the car... If four placed, it'd be the front seat.
And slipping from the roof of a car shouldn't be disabled (or anyone could destroy it just by jumping on n attacking), just made easier to stay on by, for x-ample, crouching (just came into my mind... nothing special). But it's kinda complicated...

sorry i dont know about the others but the only thing thats complicated for me is to understand your posts :scratch:

k ill try now "slipping off":do u mean that if players cant fall off the cars, ppl could just jump on top of the enemy's car and shoot it till he has to get out of it coz it explodes?

"crouching":hm.. i got no idea

"front seat": wtf? hm.. y dont u quote? :-k

im not an english pro but your posts just make no sense to me

• 2 weeks later...

that would be a great way to incorporate this "glue" thing, have it so that you can walk on top of cars and slide off normally, but when you crouch, you stay right on top. this would provide balance as well, because with some heavy weapons, you can't crouch and shoot. so you might fall off.

it's definitly something that we would like considered, if not for all vehicles, at least helicopters.

i could see it looking stupids with 6 people crouching on the roof of a car driving down the street of course, it would make them vulnerable to attack while on top, and while they're inside the vehicles they are protected.

• 2 weeks later...

Duplicate of http://forum.mtavc.com/viewtopic.php?p=59205#59205

OK, heres what i've managed to do. First of all, I managed to get a pedestrian 'attached' to my truck. As you can see it didn't quite work. Hes attached... you can drive around as much as you like, but hes sort of in the wrong position ;):

almostpedonatruck.jpg

My second attempt, was to move an actor already on the back of a truck (in a mission):

onatruck.jpg

I tried to move it to my patriot:

problemonback.JPG

This was a success, sort of.... Hes on the patriot, but in the same position as he was on the other truck, not the right one.

So, I did this, and all is well....:

onback1.JPG

Except, I haven't worked out how to move the actor in relation to the centre of the truck... Can't find the co-ordinates...

Anyway, there we go

eAi

Heli mission one is basically the same i think, the actor (the player) is locked to the side of the helicopter, with some camera ajustments to stop the player looking back into the heli (and seing that lance is doing bugger all).

eAi