MTA VC Server Still Not Showing Up on All Seeing Eye

Ok guys, I feel like a REAL newb here, cause I see all these servers listed on ASE but I can't for the life of me get mine on!!! I've NEVER had problems getting servers on ASE before until MultiTheft auto; and since this is the game of choice for me right now I REALLY want to get it listed.

Here's my setup:

linksys wireless broadband router

game server with static ip address

following ports forwarded to my game server:

I can run the server, and people can connect NO PROBLEMS by manually entering my IP address into their client connect window, but for the life of me I can't get it to appear in the All Seeing Eye.

I'm running the newest release of the server, and yes, i've modified the config file to enable the ASE part of it.

I've heard people refer to a section where you can "mark server private" or something like that, but I haven't been able to find that anywhere. When I use the serverconfig.exe utility OR if I load the server manually, I get the same results.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated; I simply can't see what I'm doing wrong or forgetting.

The little checkbox thingy is found in the dedicated server config tool (in your MTA folder) I think there's a newer version of it in the downloads section. Oh, and you should be running the 0.21 server if you aren't already :)

Hi guys...

Thanks for your replies, it's appreciated!

Dgtadude: I don't have a firewall running, however my router acts as a firewall. What I'll do tonight is turn on DMZ mode to my static IP address, basically forwarding every single port to my game server. If it works, then there must be SOME other port needed to list my game on the ASE that I haven't forwarded. If it still doesn't work in DMZ mode, then my problem has nothing to do with firewall/port forwarding. But I hope it does, cause it would be a simple fix to just forward another port!!

me: copy that; I'm running the newest server; 0.21. At least I downloaded the 0.21 build and am running it, but when I load the server it still just displays 0.2 ...is this normal?

Hi guys...

Thanks for your replies, it's appreciated!

Dgtadude: I don't have a firewall running, however my router acts as a firewall. What I'll do tonight is turn on DMZ mode to my static IP address, basically forwarding every single port to my game server. If it works, then there must be SOME other port needed to list my game on the ASE that I haven't forwarded. If it still doesn't work in DMZ mode, then my problem has nothing to do with firewall/port forwarding. But I hope it does, cause it would be a simple fix to just forward another port!!

me: copy that; I'm running the newest server; 0.21. At least I downloaded the 0.21 build and am running it, but when I load the server it still just displays 0.2 ...is this normal?

yes.. With me it does too

Well, still no luck... but here's some more info in case it helps....

I continually receive these messages on my server screen:

LS: successfully registered with the listing server.

LS: unregistered with the listing server due to timeout.

LS: successfully unregistered with the listing server.

LS: successfully registered with the listing server.

LS: unregistered with the listing server due to timeout.

LS: successfully unregistered with the listing server.

I'm assuming this is my problem here... any idea why it would register, but then unregister because of timeouts?? My net connection is NOT timeing out; no sync loss, nothing. I have a very stable net connection.

No, LS is the listingserver we implemented.. which isn't the problem here, cause it's not ASE.

Mind that if you're running the server on 2003, you have to forward port +123, 2126. If you're running it on 10000, you need to forward port 10123.

If you're sure you've set everything correctly, it must either be something local that blocks it.. or maybe something with your isp (a forced isp proxy?). It is strange though.

I must say, this server is ROCK SOLID in terms of not crashing. I've had it online for days without problems (other than not showing up in ASE!!). And I really love the fact that I can join and quit so easily playing on the Host computer. One thing I HATED about Ghost Recoon was the fact that you couldn't play on the dedicated server (without a lot of headaches).

How about my startup screen, does anything look odd about this? The only thing I wonder about is the Game Listening IP, should that be displaying my external IP address?

MTA Server for MTA:VC 0.2

ServerName = '4:20 Public T1 MTA Dedicated Server'

ServerPort = 2003

Game Listening IP: 192.168.1.50

Game = GTA:VC / MTA:VC (#2)

MaxPlayers = 16

SERVER: successfully started the server (port 2003)

SERVER: press 'q' or 'Q' to shutdown the server.

SERVER: ASE registration is enabled ... will attempt to register (if possible).

everything looks ok to me...

one other question, are you sure that its not showing up in ASE.. . often if i host one I can't find my own server in ase, but other people are still able to find it...

Also i believe there is a short delay before the servers show up in the ASE list..

Kent

woohoo!!!! SUCCESS!!!

I'm not sure WHY it didn't work while I was in DMZ mode (perhaps I just didn't leave it on dmz long enough; you said it takes time to connect to ASE and I didn't want to leave my computer wide open for very long) but I decided to forward ports 2001 to 2126 inclusive (as opposed to forwarding ONLY ports 2001 and 2126) and voila, it appeared on the eye.

So I think there must be some other port needed between 2001 and 2126 in order for it to work properly, at least with this particular linksys (or maybe just with my particular machine, who knows!!)

At any rate, i'm happier than a pig in sh*t, thanks to all those who offered help, and especially to the developers and MTA team who took time out of their busy schedules to assist.

Great work with MTA, and I'll buy it the MINUTE an official release is ready!