New website (18/10/2003 @ 21:54 CET) by Webmaster

Blokker_1999

• MTA Team

As you can see we have a new website . The entire changelog can be found at the known location (bottom-right hand portion of the menu).

Unfortunately, there is an issue with the downloads section of the new site as were unable to test this before we moved it into place. We hope to get that section of the website up as soon as possible.

Thanks to AJH, we also have a new MTA Logo on the Forums.

Update: We were able to track down the problems with the download section and everything should be fixed. Please let us know if you find any further problems.

the problem with the old site was navigation. This design was build to improve it from for the newcommers

Ohh well the new navigation looks really great! ;) It's not that i don't like the new layout - i just liked the lighter colors from the last layout better - only the colors :wink:

the problem with the old site was navigation. This design was build to improve it from for the newcommers

Sorry, but right now the navigation isn't quite at the most logical spot. In fact, it's where you'd least expect it.

It would be more intuitional to swap the positions of the program status and the main nav.

Besides, how often does the status actually change?

Is it really more important to look at than the menu?

Don't get me wrong, I like the new look, but imho navigation has only decreased in usability :/

• MTA Team

there was not enough room at the location where the status is, that was the biggest problem. Otherwise we could have just keep changing the old one. The nav has increased since there are things there now that weren't there before. You can never please everyone

The downloadsection well be changed, just need to find how to change it, only a matter of time

I really like the new layout! I like playing MTAVC even more, which i just did for 4 hours on end. And that bearing in mind, that i returned home from Paris to Amsterdam today (exhausting buisseness) says something about how hooked i actually am.

Two things:

The navigation lookes better at first (except for "news" and "downloads" being different size letters), but when you use it it starts getting ugly:

-Clicking on FAQ brings out some ugly green and blue arrows

-Manual and table of contents direct to the same page

-AB and C have different names in the right navigation area compared to the "table of contents" page

-AB and C in the right navigation bar direct you to the wrong pages!

I agree that the progress bar is ugly, although it is more clear too. But how about a small progress bar for "sub-projects" like the patch for MTAVC 0.2

Thats it for now, good luck to your web designer with perfecting the site, and good luck to the team!

Robert.

there was not enough room at the location where the status is, that was the biggest problem. Otherwise we could have just keep changing the old one. The nav has increased since there are things there now that weren't there before. You can never please everyone

The downloadsection well be changed, just need to find how to change it, only a matter of time

Lika sab said, the position of the menu doesn't look logical - actually it also was the last place i looked...

Wouldn't it look better if the main table cell nswitched place with the manu/affiliates/latest cell....

That way the menu will come to the left instead ;):?:

• myonlake changed the title to New website (18/10/2003 @ 21:54 CET) by Webmaster
  • myonlake locked this topic