EXTRA MP3 Radio Stations

You can replace one of the radio stations like FEVER with one of your own making. I just wrote a VERY BETA program that takes all the mp3s in a directory and combinds them and converts them to an ADF and if you replace an original radio station like FEVER it plays the new music instead.

I found no documentation on the ADF format, but after looking at it for about 30 seconds, I found out how to convert them to mp3 and back. I have not followed the mod scene so I dont know why rockstar invented this adf format. Maybe out of copywrite conserns? It is a very very simple scheme they are using.

One idea: get a gamepad, or make a serial device and use an appropriate plugin with Winamp or such... control it that way while ingame.

I know it isn't what you want - but at least you could somewhat choose different music then, after switching radio off... it also continues to play after ou enter/exit vehicles, so it isn't the best idea, ...

I am guessing this has been on your mind or tried by now, though.

you can go to http://www.3dap.com/gta/rlm/tools.html for a ADF/MP3 mp3/adf converter

ADFs are already really mp3s. All that has been done is they XORed x22 to every byte. It can be done or undone with a few lines of code. It was interested in finding the specs for ADF files but no one who knew described it anywhere that I could find. The first tip off is the ADF and the MP3 that contain the same data are the same EXACT size. That right there almost ensures its the result of some ORing. The odd thing is they just used the same value throughout the file, instead of using some real encryption algorithm.

Well I am just describing the format in case anyone else was wondering.

Basically to make a new station just concatinate the mp3s you want in the station, in the order you want into one big mp3. Then either write your own or use someone elses mp3 to ADF converter.

/me looks at ransom's post count, and thinks a little while back to a certain other incident...

do i? lol /me points to the forum idiot :P dont worry ransom, u will always be the forum idiot in my eyes, u were the first, and u set the standard :D

/me looks at how many posts ransom did during those two hours...

and u think I SPAM, mwa ha ha :spam::ahole: