Fine, I give in already

• MTA Team

2 things:

1: Support for Windows98 is not as easy as it seems. Memory is handled differnetly in 98 than in XP. Due to this it is not easy to start working on a version for Win9x

2: A machine powerfull enough to run Vice City is more thna capable to run Windows XP. We may not forget that Windows 98 is almost 6 years old. No one here uses computers that old. Hardware is upgraded every few years, but ppl forget that new hardware needs new software

• 4 weeks later...

Windows 98 is like 10000 times better than xp

98 never game me a single BSOD, only crashed cos of something I did, (e.g got trigger happy with ctrl alt del)

xp crashes like every 20 seconds, I use dual boot program to use xp when I play games cos games seem to run better on xp but by the time I start playing it either crashes or bsod rears its ugly head

Windows 98 is like 10000 times better than xp

98 never game me a single BSOD, only crashed cos of something I did, (e.g got trigger happy with ctrl alt del)

xp crashes like every 20 seconds, I use dual boot program to use xp when I play games cos games seem to run better on xp but by the time I start playing it either crashes or bsod rears its ugly head

What error message do you get? there is no doubt that you have

a conflict of some kind, give some more info and maybe we can help :)

xp crashes like every 20 seconds
like i sayd before depends how you setup your machine. my computer stays on for 6weeks straight with out needing to reboot. only time it has ever crashed was due to me farking around but hey who dont? you should realy learn more about the os before flaming it. i ran 98 for years and i used to hate it xp came along and well its the best os other than linux that i enjoy using and barely have problems with. my computer stats are 800mhz amd duron,256mb ram,two 80gig maxtor drives, gforce 4 mx 420 64meg pci and onboard sound. now this pc was made wayyy back when 98 was popular and as you can see its a very crappy system and watching it run xp with out any bugs and being able to play all the popular games with no prob is amazing. comparing it to my old os win 98 se its 99 times better

ohh and i used to have xp pro setup on a laptop running on 700mhz intell celeron 64mb ram and a 2meg video and a 4gig drive. now if i was able to setup xp on that with no problems and have it run just as stable as on this pc well i dont see how its possible that it would crash on you each 20 secs unless your running something veeeeeeery crappy but then again how would it even run gta3? :P