Pressing F10 - Can It Be Enabled Automatically?

Kong

[high-fives happyrock] :D

That's the setup I use :) Except instead of E being forward, I use it to jump, and then my right mouse is used for foward. Lol. I know, it's weird, but I've been using that same setup since the days of DOOM II. Hehe.

Ok, now we're totally off topic. Sorry... :?

...I guess I wont be doing any of the following:

learning

expressing myself artistically

participating in my favorite hobby

web development

helping others with computer problems

talking with my girlfriend (argh.. long distance, long term relationships :/)

having a social life (sad, but hey.. its the way I am)

remembering what I am wearing or what I need to do

posting this message

Haha, you better hope your computer doesn't blow up - otherwise, you're gonna be screwed. Especially with the girlfriend part :D

EDIT: BTW, I thought I had a weird keyboard setup for FPS games...but yours takes the cake True :)

Oh, I know... without a machine, I am not alive :) Which reminds me, when I went to one of those pulse test machines, my values were low and I had no pulse....

Anyway, take NS for example (hybrid FPS and RTS)-

WAXD - forward left down right

S - use

Mouse1 - fire, Mouse2 - jump

mwheelup - Secondary Fire (CS), mwheeldown - Reload

Mouse4, Mouse5 - Duck, Walk

V - Secondary Fire/menu (Q in CS)

V - radio2 in CS

L - spray (not T)

I dont know what else is weird about my controls... a lot of people find it weird to reload with the scrollwheel though :P

agrafuese yeah man ... and you even use the mouse to go forwards ...

I used to but fuckers changed my keys all the time or they would just complain about sucking when ever they used my computer ... So I just got use to e .. anyhow since I stoped playing quake 2,3 and started counter stike I didn't use the buttons surounding them to change weapons so It didn't matter for cs and now mta

I reload with the 4mouse or r and use 4mouse to walk it depends on what game it is.

mouse 4?...mouse5??? what the hell kinda mice do you guys have? I must be rockin' it old school style with my 2-button MS wheelmouse. :D Haha. Man, that must be cool to have those options tho...I guess I'm a bit limited.

True: your mousewheel reload is pretty weird, but I knew a guy that used it for jump in order to "bunny hop" in the old versions of CS...before it was ruled out as cheating. Looked pretty funny too.

Oh, I know plenty-o-people who did that, and even still use the mousewheel as their jump. Its kinda crappy using mwheelup as secondary fire though, for anything that needs held down (such as gauss gun in hl) I use q - and I am still pretty good with movement while using it, actually my AIM ends up suffering rather than my movement... :/ some weird mind thing...

Most people I talk to use standard controls, though. S as down... I can't play like that! :) And I have small hands... Takes roots with my SNES emulation, I guess... waxd = xyba, before I got a gamepad, anyway :)

And I be rockin a Logitech MX700, soon an MX500 for a secondary mouse instead of this Intellimouse Explorer 3.0... I hate the MS trash mouse... A good mouse makes all the difference, I bought mine right when it came out. $80 retail... worth every penny, I would pay the same amount today even though they're cheaper now. Excellent response, 8 buttons (still only use 5..).. :)

And regarding 5 buttons, I cant play any FPS with a 3 button mouse, sorry... and those that dont support it, gotta map mouse4 and mouse5 :P

I hate my keyboard too, but my other one broke on me :( too much soda spills... got the high-end model MS keyboard, the one right before the crap on the side was added on, has the USB hub... its a pile of trash, though. Regardless I modded it, so now the bright blue status LEDs keep me awake at night :/

Well, I'm pretty disappointed in the MTA team. They totally deleted my whole thread/poll about enabling player tags by default. I really respect them and all, but this is just insulting. It's very frustrating to see so many BULLSHIT posts from people who don't think twice about the kinds of subjects they are posting about (ie. alleged cheating accusations, the same damn unhandled exception complaints, questions about moded files, etc...you know, the stuff that's IN THE MANUAL), while people like me are just trying to get an opinion on something in a very PASSIVE MANNER without any insults or bad language - AND IT GETS DELETED??!?!

Well fine, whatever. Have it your way MTA team. I'm still supporting your project 100% even if you are very foolish about your forum decisions. For this, I wont be posting much here anymore. I don't see any reason to post on a forum where a perfectly valid idea is not acknowledged or taken into consideration. And by the way...HAVING PLAYER TAGS ON BY DEFAULT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING LAZY - SO LAY OFF IT. If you CAN'T possibly put them on be default because of programming limitations, please do your FANS a favor and say so. But any other excuse is really lame on your part and just shows that you're not willing to go the extra mile to ensure that your mod is FUN and ENJOYABLE. Which is the reason for a mod to be created.

But like I said, in any case, I still support your project - but not all of your decisions. Good luck in the future, and please don't be so close minded. Thank you.

BTW: For anyone wondering, last time I checked the poll was 98% in favor of having the player tags on by default (with over 30 votes). This has to mean something and SHOULD be taken into consideration.

And MTA Team: Before you delete this post (and I know you will), I CHALLENGE you to write me back first explaining exactly what was wrong with my post (without using the word LAZY or USELESS in a sentence). See if you can do that. I'm sure its worth your precious time.

How the hell did this topic get out of hand? It was just someone asking how to enable it by default, then it turned into a flame/spam thread :|

It's a simple feature request, so how did it turn into an argument? The things people argue about...

Now I'm rambling.

:arrow: Thread Closed