MTA on Xbox Tunnel

Guest Voodoo Serano

i think it goes without saying that the MTA team is focusing on whats on their plate, not whats thawing on the counter in the kitchen. i also doubt that the code will be similar enough that the team would even feel like attempting a port of any type. i think its probably impossible. i dont own an xbox, so what do i care anyway?

Figuring the xbotch is another form of PC, it is entirely possible. Development would be a bit tricker though, although entirely possible, and how to boot to mta and hook GTA/Vice City would be a sight to see. But, as stated before, that isn't their main concern if a concern whatsoever, at least as I understand. They seem to be hard at work getting bugs fixed and new features added with the PC version as it is.

Whoever created this thread, please change the topic, as it doesn't relevate to the actual discussion at hand, thanks. Makes me think more that there IS an xbox version ...1

I doubt that MTA is possible on Xbox for many reasons, but I will state the most obvious.

MTA works with having direct access to the game's memory, and since the Xbox will use this tunnel to pass information back and forth over the internet, I doubt we would be able to have enough access to the actual game (the xbox system) to be able to read and write the actual data that is being pushed across the network.

That, along with the fact that we would have to somehow learn how to interface with the Xbox system and also this Xbox live / tunnel thing, that it would be a lot of work that chances are would never be able to be done.

Hell, if somehow wants to donate an Xbox development system to me then I would be willing to take a look, but I can make a 99.9% promise that something like this cannot happen on exclusive systems like the Xbox.