vgsSairportland18 Object Help

e-Hate

Hey everyone...

So in my map I want to change the picture on the object "vgsSairportland18" to something that I want... the only problem is I have TXD Workshop, and don't know how to find this object, please help! lol

Thanks,

e-Hate

That IDE list appears to be incomplete. It's missing ID 8355 vgsSairportland18, anyway.

e-Hate, use a program such as IMGTool or MEd to extract vgsSairportland18's TXD file from the gta3.img archive. The name of this TXD file is vgssland01.txd, and is a shared texture library for many land objects in and around LV airport. Replacing 'ws_runwaytarmac' and 'white' should be all that is required for changing the surface of that runway model. Bear in mind that whatever changes you make in the TXD will still be subject to the texture mapping and geometry of the DFF.

Thanks for the help Mr. Oz, lol, I also wanted to ask if there was a object that you can recommend.. basically what I want is a large object where when i change one txd it replaces with what I want (which is to have a very futuristic picture - so when people drive past it it takes a long time to pass it)

so in short is there a large object where i can just replace 1 txd (large like as big as the airportland18)

Thanks

I don't have any recommendation for a large flat object which uses a single TXD - usually if I required something like that I would simply make one, so I quickly made one for you. It should be similar in size to that section of runway, 30m wide x 120m long. If you want to use it, just do an object replacement on some interior object (as opposed to replacing a 'normal' map object, which may conflict with where you want to put your panels) and restrict the replacement to interior 0 only.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l96fy52z3red8mm

When changing the image inside FlatPanel.txd, remember to make sure the image you replace it with is called 'Image.png', i.e. do not change the filename of the image in the TXD, or it will no longer appear on the model in-game.

You should be able to use as many different versions of that DFF/TXD as you like, with each version using a different picture on the panel. Just make a copy of the DFF (eg FlatPanel01.dff) and a copy of the TXD (FlatPanel01.txd) with a new picture in it, and replace it over a different object ID.

Hope that helps.