ROLEPLAYING ON MTA

Guest FastestKiller

GTA was nto made for role playing.............

I read this post up this this point.

GTA is infact a roleplaying game in its way, your taking the role of basically a gangster, therefore you are roleplaying from the start if you like it or not. Also your roleplaying when you enter mta your taking a role of a mexican,police,robber etc...

• 3 weeks later...
and i saw a rp server..user errors...but as soon as i joined...it disconnected and it wont work

RP @ User Err0r is the RR` gang's server and is also a roleplay server. It isn't up all the time, but if it is up it will be in the evening on weekdays. It could be up at anytime on weekends though.

I myself wasnt gonna get GTA for computer at first but when i heard about this whole online GTA thing i instantly thought about the great RP opportunities in that game so i hope i can get hte game soon and get to Role playing perhaps if any good mods are made for this game that add more features for role play that would be sweet to. an interesting idea i had was to add in a mod where you can obtain drugs from drug dealers and have a side quest to go around selling that way if a cop player spots you you could role play the whole situation out. perhaps other role based features like this will allow people to get into the role play a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

MTA could make good RP sessions (but not in public servers...) and the mission idea is great. I think there should be added money and the meter, and ammunation and pay 'n spray, and cops should be able to arrest (by same style as in Single Player) and there should be places to rob (in North Point Mall ect). But as missions.

We will try to make something for everyone. The idea was to implement everything into one big city, but this may seem a bit hard to realise with so many kiddies pretty much ruining it for everyone else on the server. Therefore it might be an idea to split things up like we've done with the stunt scm, which is a pity imo. FFA on public servers, RP/G on private servers.

Hey, another of my crazy ideas! :idea:

In the single player, you can buy buildings, like Malibu, Printworks and Pole Position (in vice city).

Ok, s'pose you could Extort places like that, and you would get money for that. There are gangs, two or more, and cops. The gangs must take control over the places, and cops must prevent it. Places which refuse the generous offer must be dealt damage (add the chaosmeter (it just got into my mind)) and extortion and taking over requires some time spent at the place, bigger places require more time. Also the amount of gangers in the place makes it faster and easier, since, for x-ample, Malibu workers would probably only laugh themselves dead if some single guy just walked in and told them that he's taking over. The place could be taken over by another gang or cops by the same way, but they'd need to get rid of them earlier owners (just make them leave. dead... maybe)

-Different to cops, they wouldn't need to do damage to the place (something wicked called 'morale'(do cops have THAT???)) if they'll refuse, just keep gangsters away and/or lower the gangs power.

-Anytime someone is taking over a place occupied by others, the owners of the place get a warning about it.

-Money in this kind of scenario could be used for buying car respawns, weapon pickups and gang member/cop respawning times (the last one wouldn't be very good in this version, since many get the most horrible death: the computer error!)

-And for the cops: they could arrest people, so they wouldn't get killed, cops would get their money and guns, and they'd go in jail, and they could get freed by fellow gangsters.

What do you think?

It may have some things wrong in it, but I had no patience to look for them.

• 4 weeks later...