MTA .1 = Bad Idea

I dont like this idea, its a waste of download. Why would someone who only has vice city or is only going to play vice city need to download the application for gta3?

Its just a waste of bandwidth for you and download time for us.

Keep them seperate, dl what you need, this idea is almost like kazaa with the spyware. stuff you dont need...

In the server would be ok, but not the client..

That could make it easier for running the servers, using diff config files.. but remember mta.3 i believe it was like 5mb... i dont wanna dl 5mb of gta3:mta and .5mb for vc when im only using vc...

it makes sense

what? thats crazy, just look at mta vc its improved a hell of a lot over gta3 0.3b or whatever, it'll be a similar size to vc, even less as the net code will be the same, so really it would only be like a list of memory addres that would be different, can't see it being more than a 100k or so bigger? a 1mb at the most to ahve the both in one, it would actually save time, because people who have both can save like 20k downloading them together :P

(all incredibly rough estimates ;))

i like the idea of a 2-in-1program

it helps the programmers TREMENDOUSLY

and helps out people with both games

What idon't like is the jump back to version .1

That's retarded.. people are going to see MTA .2 and MTA.1, and they'll download .2

The whole thing with MTA .1 doesn't make sense. Why are you reverting to a lower number, when that version includes MORE features?

Atleast do something like MTA .2.5 or MTA .25 or something like that. it really doesn't make any sense

• MTA Team

DrDre, before making such staterments, make sure you got all the facts. 0.3b is old, verry old. It was written in Visual Basic. We don't just combine 0.3b and VC 0.2.

We start from nothing and build a new client which supports GTA3 and VC. The netcode for both will be the same. The only difference between the two is the memory adresses and some small functions. We want to combine the two so ppl who want to play both don't need to download the damn thing twice. And in this world of broadband what is a few kb?

Comparing us with KaZaA and spyware is just stupid. Where the hell did you get that STUPIF DUCKING IDEA?

Please mind that 400K is for the TOTAL MTA:VC application atm within an installer. That doesn't mean that the download size doubles if we're going to put in GTA3 support as well. That would mean that there would be 2 of everything.

It could be something like 500K or 600K

I dont like this idea, its a waste of download. Why would someone who only has vice city or is only going to play vice city need to download the application for gta3?

They wouldn't be downloading two applications, It's only one.

Its just a waste of bandwidth for you and download time for us.

I've seen skin and car mods for this game that are bigger than MTA. The bandiwdth used while playing the game is much more of a significant issue than a single download.

In the server would be ok, but not the client..

Double standard? I don't know; perhaps he's just not a deep thinker.

I think it's a great idea to combine the two. The two game engines are similar. This allows updates to take effect for both games and people won't complain that MTA:VC runs better than MTA for GTA3.

Also, the people who made the decision to combine the projects are the people who are developing them. Their judgement on the issue is better than the general population's.

To the original poster: Have you seen the size of the download? And do you realize that the core is somewhat identical in both cases?

I project the core will not be much bigger filesize-wise than currently is now, unless some major (weird) features are implemented. So, it really won't be a waste of download time - unless 4 seconds is too much for you or something. But this has been said many times, so I will stop there :)

Any new features added to the core would have the effect of being added to both games, not only dereasing the amount of time before release, but also decreasing the amount of learning time; ie. you learn something in GTA:VC, you can play it in GTA3.

Something that can be improved is the netcode, but I am sure you are already working on it - you have already decreased the amount of traffic required, which can probably even be decreased more, now what is left is quality of gameplay... but again, as I said, you're probably already on that.

This is an excellent idea... I dont know about the numbering scheme, but if it works for you guys, go for it. Keep it up... I'll play it :)

I think the "all-in-one" version will be great. I think developing will go faster because there's only one program. And does some more bytes make a difference? If the mod was 1GB+ i would still download it!