Should this 'Speed'-gamemode be added to MTA?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should this 'Speed'-gamemode be added to MTA?

• Yes, awesome!!
    • Nah, I don't see the fun of it

i thought that u can do mod where one person has to drive coach bus over 40 km/h like in speed 2. There is going to be two teams. one have to make bus go to airport and evacuate passengers, second one stop the bus. What do u think about it

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be fun to do that, and mayber a 3rd team of one guy that just gets a car and no weapons and can try to ram the coach until it blows up, maybe use a securivan full of passengers in the back instead

1) This has already been mentioned.

2) Speed 2 was called "cruise control" since in was an ocean cruise ship

3) Speed was with the bus and the airport

4) iggy: you car-ram idea was also in the other speed post.

5) i would like to see this added to the game.

1) This has already been mentioned.

2) Speed 2 was called "cruise control" since in was an ocean cruise ship

3) Speed was with the bus and the airport

4) iggy: you car-ram idea was also in the other speed post.

5) i would like to see this added to the game.

and i agree to all of those :P

It would be good if you could remove like 50 -70 % of all the vehicles to make it a lil easier for the bus driver. Also The team that has to stop the bus would probly win alot more often because all they need is a equaly heavy vehicle or a good driver to cause the bus to crash into somthing, causing it to explode.

Ok people, good thinking.. i'll inform trx about this, you'll probably hear more from this. I also added a poll to this topic, just to rate if people like it.

He ijsvogel i can see the pic onder the text "Pacman Lives Forever!".

and it wil be cool if you ad 'Speed'-gamemode" :D

Join The Russan mafia we wil pay you wel 8)

Allright, IJsVogel asked me to make this game mode, so I better start working on it =). For now, I have plans on making the Game Mode like this:

- One Team (or player) drives the bus freely around Liberty City, and has to keep the speed above 40 for a certain period of time ( 2 mins?)

- The other Team drives Rumpo's or Pony's and have to stop the bus.

- The bus is bulletproof, explosionproof, fireproof and has quite some amount of hitpoints.

- The bus is made heavy with some platinum bars, like in the mission 'Bullion Run', therefore will be harder to stop it.

- The team driving the Rumpo's will have the ability to make roadblocks at certain points which will be visible on the radar for the player driving the bus.

Any other ideas or suggestions will be taken in to consideration.

stopping the bus is gonna be very hard. i mean it, really really hard!!!

personally im not too fussed on this gametype - but if i can make the right suggestions and see how things could be evened up ill be in! =)

btw - how are the other game-modes comin along trx?

At first, I wasn't too excited about this gametype either, I preferred to work on something like BF1942 CTF. But the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like it. And the bus doesn't have to be stopped, just slowed down.

true - although i would prefer it if some random racing mode were developed first - or just racing from one island to the next or something =)

its gonna be hard opening that door, but soo satisfying, considering the only way you get win is either puilling them out, making them splash or damaging them via cars/walls etc

Edited by Guest
true - although i would prefer it if some random racing mode were developed first - or just racing from one island to the next or something =)

I have plans for making the 'Turismo' race for Multiplayer some time.

it'd be a quick game...

it wouldn't take long at all w/ people smashing into the bus to destroy it..

Kent

Yeah it would last two minutes at most, therefore I'm still having some doubts about this gametype... I guess we need some kickass ideas for this to make it more interesting.

i've got an idea:

everyone get a coach/bus and who first have 2 minutes at 40 km/h wins

but i fear that if nobody finds you at time you will easily win.

So maybe you should only allow this race on one island. If its possible off course.

And the ability of making roadblocks should stay also.

And the coaches that are responsible for the 2 minutes of driving should be visible on the map too, just like the time that has already been driven at 40 km/h .

so:

-everyone a coach

-in each team you have one driver the others need to set roadblocks and defend the coach

-the team who has first 2 minutes wins

- " the drive coaches" need to be visible on the radar

- maybe only one island