MTA:SA 1.2 Released!

MeKorea

You didn't miss so much. Just some spammers and the same beta but a bit shorter.

As always...

And keep moving bugs tagget as immediate to next versions, patetic...

What next? Move they to 1.2.2 then 1.2.3?

Ok so people have been working on MTA for years FOR FREE and you're calling them pathethic?

If you think stuff is so easy to fix why don't you fix them yourself and submit a source patch?

I'm not calling the developers pathetic, I'm calling the way they use for release a "new" version pathetic, setting 75% of the issues to others versions, giving more attention to small things than fixing bugs that affect players and even block they from playing the game (as issue #6589). I think, before you add a feature to MTA you should at least keep it playable (that's not how it's now, at least for me)

I didn't say anytime that this stuff is easy, but I know with good effort from MTA Team working together many of the bugs that affect us (players) would be fixed really faster, but it seems that every developer code alone (probably the best way you found for make MTA full of new features), but in my point of view it causes code mess up, bugs. Why don't take all developers and say: This time we ALL gonna work on this! then after we fix it we gonna work on this! and then on this! ...

Sincerely... I expect a really better MTA:SA 1.3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the one complaining about the quality of MTA SA like some people. I am grateful for what has been given to me for free.

Yes, but you are suggesting that because this is a free mod, we are not entitled to the right to voice our opinions. Sure, everyone with a complaint could "go learn C++ and submit a patch", but that doesn't change the fact that in many people's eyes the quality of this release was sub-standard.

Also, where in my post did I say that I was not grateful? I am very grateful for the work MTA has done, and I have donated some cash in the past.

I'm not the one complaining about the quality of MTA SA like some people. I am grateful for what has been given to me for free.

Yes, but you are suggesting that because this is a free mod, we are not entitled to the right to voice our opinions. Sure, everyone with a complaint could "go learn C++ and submit a patch", but that doesn't change the fact that in many people's eyes the quality of this release was sub-standard.

Also, where in my post did I say that I was not grateful? I am very grateful for the work MTA has done, and I have donated some cash in the past.

I partly agree with you, but only partly.

I see lots of people complaining about ~10 FPS loss since 1.1 came out, but why don't we just wait for a bit?

As for me, I don't have Windows and play on Ubuntu through Wine.

And, you know, on 1.0.4 it used to be mostly 25 fps with drops to 17, now it's like more than 30, always.

On the same settings and the same PC, which isn't so new btw.

i hate the new db functions. db functions REALLY needed:

dbNumRows

dbEscapeString

the module MTA_Mysql doesn't work for me..? Unable to find modules/mta_mysql.dll but my Linux Server can find the module...

EDIT:

with loadmodule mta_mysql.dll:

loadmodule: Requested by Console

MODULE: Loaded "MySQL 5.0 database module" (0.50) by "Alberto Alonso "

with mtaserver.conf:

MODULE: Unable to find modules/mta_mysql.dll!

EDIT2:

ml_sockets works...

dbNumRows

dbEscapeString

the module MTA_Mysql doesn't work for me..? Unable to find modules/mta_mysql.dll but my Linux Server can find the module...

EDIT:

with mtaserver.conf:

EDIT2:

ml_sockets works...

You need the mta_mysql.so (the .dll things are build for windows and .so for linux)

btw, great news !

Great job MTA Team.

It's really sad to see how some people dare to complain about this version in such way. The main purpose of this release are new features, not thousands of bugfixes. Otherwise we would need to wait for nearly a year for all the bugfixes to be done which is really pointless when the main features are already complete. Also, I don't see how this "rushing" affected the quality. In my opinion, it was improved a lot thanks to the increase of FPS and sync.

dbNumRows

dbEscapeString

EDIT:

with mtaserver.conf:

EDIT2:

ml_sockets works...

You need the mta_mysql.so (the .dll things are build for windows and .so for linux)

btw, great news !

-.- i know. i have the problem on windows!

Because you haven't purchased MTA you don't have a right to complain, you say opinions but to me it looks more like complaining because if you were voicing your opinion then there is a development discussion board, this is a news topic.

Your first useful post in this topic was:

No, there is a need, as everyone is allowed to post their opinions. In my opinion, this was rushed and the quality of each release is going down.

To which my reply was "Learn C++ and start contributing code then!"

You see if in your opinion, the release was rushed and the quality is going down, do you not think because there were mainly 2 people working on this release, in their spare time? If you want the quality of a release to be better you have to either contribute the changes you want to see or do some thorough beta testing to report any new bugs before its released.

Ohh and

Learn C++ and start contributing code then!

Why don't you?

I learned basic C++ to fix a bug I found during 1.1 beta: http://code.google.com/p/mtasa-blue/sou ... il?r=2548#

Not to mention all the resources, map editor, wiki and testing contributions.

You didn't miss so much. Just some spammers and the same beta but a bit shorter.

As always...

And keep moving bugs tagget as immediate to next versions, patetic...

What next? Move they to 1.2.2 then 1.2.3?

Agree with LoooP :roll:

MTA lost a lot of players with new versions. First 1.0 for 1.1 now 1.2 so quickly? Now all servers should move to 1.2 again, when 1.3 comes? :roll:

Patetic :|

It is 1-minute work to upgrade a server.

Good news.

With regard to complaints or opinions thing you think to do is complain.

These guys are working on this with their free time. Should be thanked for creating an application to play for you and thousands of other players. You think that they are aware of these errors and do not think it right to mention it.

And what he says is true @ Arran, this is a forum for news, not reporting and suggestions.

Sorry for my English, I am using a translator

Keep it real guys

I partly agree with you, but only partly.

I see lots of people complaining about ~10 FPS loss since 1.1 came out, but why don't we just wait for a bit?

As for me, I don't have Windows and play on Ubuntu through Wine.

And, you know, on 1.0.4 it used to be mostly 25 fps with drops to 17, now it's like more than 30, always.

On the same settings and the same PC, which isn't so new btw.

I'm one of those suffering from the fall of fps. I hope the new 1.2. solve the problem I got with the last 1.1.

Uh, nice that mta 1.2 is so early, but just 2 bugs currently, The download is MUCH and much too slow, and the water lags now, u can see normal objects under water like they are above the water tooXD.

my server max fps: 60

i got 23 on a server in england, come from holland, and i have 60 fps, the highest, but much say im lagging veeeery much, but not on my screen, others got this too for me, they lag all, even with a nice network and a nice graphic card. bad english, bb