A Stupid Question.... MOTD not working

Kong

This may be a stupid question but I thought I'd ask anyway. I didn't see any other info about it on the site or the forums.

I've modified my MOTD in the MOTD.TXT file but it's not being displayed when people join the game.

Is there anything I need to do for it to work?

Change the file extension, move the file, anything?

MOTD is message you see in many games when you usually first connect to a server for a game. The creater of the server can put whatever they like in it. Sometimes its rules for the server your playing on, a webpage for there website, or maybe a message telling everyone to have fun.

(me scratches head) hmm...not sure. Just fired up a server on another computer here on my network and then joined from my current computer and saw what i put into the other computer for MOTD. And vice versa. Are you starting a server for a lan game or internet?

I have a computer I use as a game server.

I start the server on that and I connect over LAN and others connect via the internet. I have confirmed that it is not working for users connecting over the net.

I've got the server running now if you want to check.

I don't want to put my IP on the forums here but you can find the server on that ASE if you use it. Server should be called Kong's MTA Server.

My MOTD is in the MOTD.TXT file which is in my MTA folder right where it was when I installed v0.2.

It should say...

Welcome

If you can see this Message of the Day text then please type "Yes I can see MOTD" in chat.

Thanks and Have fun.

Let me know if you can see it and if you have any suggestions. I feel like I'm missing something but not sure what it could be preventing it from not showing up.