Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player in 0.3 ?

SoWErA2

Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player when you write a chat message in 0.3 ??? so people know you are writing someting  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player when you write a chat message in 0.3 ??? so people know you are writing someting

• Yes
    • No
    • Don´t know

simple, lock out controlls while typing, and make the player invinciblke while typing, so that means no abusing typing invincibility, AND stopping typekilling assholes ruining a game

Oh no you don't.. People already abuse that little problem already. I've seen it and dealt with it on a number of occasions. I think they should make you completely vulnerable at any time, even while AFK or typing.

Learn to type faster, you ARE in a digital medium where text is the primary mode of communication. I can convey a complete thought while driving if need be. I just have to regain speed after I finish :lol:

And as for the infamous "typekilling"... I love hearing people complain about that. How the heck am *I* supposed to know you're typing anything? I can't see over your shoulder.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Damn straight. It sounds like assholese, but the old Deathmatch hardline is the unfortunate truth: "If you want to chat, use IRC!" Myself, sure, I get annoyed when I get killed while typing - but it's my own damned fault for typing in a warzone. Thems the breaks.

No extra code need be concieved, raised, fondled and abused to keep anybody safe while typing.

But while we're typing, we might as well be able to know who's doin it. I like the hover-type thing, but I would love it to be a toggleable option. I remember hating it in some MMOs. I may still - cant be sure until I see how it has been implemented in action.

Honestly, for this type of game, it feels like a stupid idea... you run around, you drive, you kill, even RP... but c'mon, a chatbox? Reminds me of something as stupid as Habbo.

It doesn't fit. Now that we have names under the characters as well as a chatbox, it doesn't seem appropriate to include such a thing.

At the very least, though, some 1px shadows or outlines need to be put around the text chars in the chatbox. So many times the chatbox is up against bright sky and unreadable and nearly white-on-white. I'm a little worried that this isn't possible, though. So here's to hoping.

Very good idea, since not everyone pays attention to chat window.

Also, if you're doing this, how about you have a team logo over the person's head? Like the logos in Day of Defeat (half-Life mod). The police can have a badge, the sailers a ship, the racers a sports car, etc.

Wrong , You should have a text message on the top of the head like in Spearhead.

i think this would be a good advantage in most cases however...

as you know you cant move when ure typing, but if you have a joystick or something thats seperate to the keyboard and is configured you can still moved around and shoot thus people might hit the type key and sit somewhere until someone comes along and walks past them or maybe if they get the sniper to work in the next version of mta they might sit with a sniper and shoot people then when someone finds them just hit the chat button and then kill their opponent

oh well just a thought

• 1 month later...

IMO

The game is to laggy as it is, why add more. You think someone isn't going to cap you cause of the little symbol above your head.

Lets get a grip, your dead.

Don't really see the purpose for match play, because you should be using something like ventrilo.

Dank You might feel that way but all people in this world are not that bad

All people don´t stand at the spawning area and then start shooting at all people who spawn this is just the same thing just that in this case they decide if they will kill you or not

( You probably are a spawn killer:( )

comparing a spawn killer and a "chat killer" is just dumb...

talk with micros, chat when ur safe, but godamnit dont be mad @guyz killing u when u chat...how many alt tabbers are annoying games...

Did u ever play other games such as CS or aok ? You are here to have fun with friends and kill enemies, no matter what they do...

I mean who cares if u r peeing, preparing a sandwich or coffee, or chatting ?

i voted for yes, adn i agree with all the people that said yes.....

I will go a step further, I vote yes and also agree with all the people that said yes too, but I DISAGREE with those people that said no.

Now top that

No i will go a step further, I vote yes and also agree with all the people that said yes too, but I DISAGREE with those people that said no and all the people who said dont no

Dank You might feel that way but all people in this world are not that bad

In My Opinion :roll:

Can hardly wait, one more thing for people to complain about. So and so shot me with my chat bubble up. Mommy! :x

( You probably are a spawn killer:( )

Nothing like Mexican carnage or a shitgun party.

I dont think this "chat bubble" thing will work because . Say that your friend is on the other side of the city . And you want to chat with him . But you cant because he cant see your chat bubble .Unless they could make something like ... At the biggining of the game , VC asks you what player do you want to "track" and you select your friend . So if he types something , You will be able to see only his message in the chat box.

Some thing like that :?:wink: