Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player in 0.3 ?

SoWErA2

Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player when you write a chat message in 0.3 ??? so people know you are writing someting  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Chat Bubble over your player when you write a chat message in 0.3 ??? so people know you are writing someting

• Yes
    • No
    • Don´t know

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im assuming you mean just a small chat bubble, not containing your message? that would be a great idea, i vote yes. on the other hand, maybe people will all team up on the guy with the chat bubble. i say go for it, if it is easily implimented and not going to derail current progress too much.

i guess this is sort of related, but the chat window font makes the letters look like they are split in half [|] vertical like so, and the left side droops down. it is a strain on my eyes. i know it isnt the same for everyone, because my friends pc had a normal (what i assume to be intended) font. can i change this? resolution has no effect on it.

i really dont see the point of this at all, an indicator to show someone is in the menu/alt tabbed yes, a speech bubble for typing? no. Most people can still shoot and fly/drive fine (gamepad users) And what is to stop somone pressing T to lull u into a false sense of security then hitting enter and throwing a nade at you head? If you want to carry out a long drawn out conversation then find some cover and keep an eye on the radar.

I don't think it would really help anything. The radar shows you what classes are where, F10 shows you who's where. The chat is simply a global communication tool. Adding a chat bubble would only add to the stuff we have onscreen already and could be even more distracting then the chat box would ever be.

If you're talking to your team, they should be right nearby anyway, or at the very least, you can still talk with someone at the Airport while you're dallying about Northpoint Mall. Putting in a chat bubble would ruin any communication you could have with distant team members

i really dont see the point of this at all, an indicator to show someone is in the menu/alt tabbed yes, a speech bubble for typing? no. Most people can still shoot and fly/drive fine (gamepad users) And what is to stop somone pressing T to lull u into a false sense of security then hitting enter and throwing a nade at you head? If you want to carry out a long drawn out conversation then find some cover and keep an eye on the radar.

simple, lock out controlls while typing, and make the player invinciblke while typing, so that means no abusing typing invincibility, AND stopping typekilling assholes ruining a game

well, maybe you could make it so that you cant chat for about 15 seconds after taking damage? that would stop you being able to just press T to avoid death, of course, the invincible no movement wouldnt work in cars,cause then you could just plonk a bus in front of your base and have a guy type, making it impossible to get in