[REL] ModLoader 1.0 - Loads any mod without scripting!

Remi-X

For object model replacement, model_id.extension can be used. In fact, instead of having vehicle names, use model ID.

So instead of using

:res/subdir/infernus.txd

use

:res/subdir/411.txd

this way you support each and every model :)

For maps, you can tell them that the maps have to be numbered :)

Hi guys!

Recently I downloaded the ModLoader so I can add some custom skins/vehicles/players. I don't know if ModLoader is the problem or this https://forum.multitheftauto.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=46805&sid=11272c796e17dc8628f732cba31b3d4c but since I made this two changes my server laggs (for fraction of seconds only depends how ofted the it do the lagg), even I lag and my server is on my computer, if it's the modLoader is there something that I can do, a streamer or something, begause the lagg is not huge, just a little but enough to get annoyed in 2-3 mins of play.

My computer specs are:

Intel 2 Core Quad Q8300 @ 2,50 GHZ (4 CPU's)

3 GB RAM

250 GB HDD

On-Board Video Graphics NVidia GeForce 7100/ nForce 630i

And the down/up speed on aprox 800km's is:

2125278194.png

The serverside scripts of ModLoader are only active when the resource starts and when a player joins. After that, the client will replace the models. Thats basically the only activity.

The issue might be related to MTA's and GTA's model replacing system. When there are a lot of custom models, MTA sometimes gets somewhat unstable or laggy. Not sure if this is your issue though.

*sigh*

I have another question, how to make modloader to start sendig the mods only after the player spawns, so the player can play on the server too before the mods are downloaded, or to download each mod at a time so the player don't get bored waiting to download 300MB for example , or if I can make both of dese it will be great :)

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

For xTravax: Make sure your filenames are correct:

- Vehicles are replacing existing ones. If you want to replace the infernus, call your files infernus.txd and infernus.dff.

- Entirely lowercase (infernus.dff is correct, Infernus.dff, infernus.DFF etc are NOT correct.)

Also make sure that either ModLoader has permission to restartResource, or restart it manually after adding your mods.

Remi-X, really appreciate the work so far!

Made replacing cars a whole lot easier, especially with the "handling" file integration.

Unfortunately I encountered a problem changing the police cars;

- copcarla

- copcarsf

- copcarru

these should be the right names (including .dff and .txd ofcourse).

The rest of the cars still work, but these three will still use the original models and texture.

Have you got a solution for that, or will this be fixed in the next version?

Can't wait for the next version though :D

Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes hello. There's seem to be a problem where if you add a car (added a fix for some cars, the cars were almost the same model) the paintjobs only apply to old model parts (in my case, bodikits)

Any fix in a future for this?

EDIT: Images showing the errors

Without paintjob

mtascreen20121203002643.png

With paintjob

mtascreen20121203002648.png

I am now gonna complain on ModLoader.

When you delete something ModLoader doesn't detect that is deleted and it doesnt delete in meta and it says like hydra.dff is missing resource modloader failed.

so everytime i delete something of modloader i need to open meta and delete in there manually.Please fix it.