CRC Checking (Problem?)

Guest m0nKeY

The default game is very slow and not exactly the most graphically advanced game, so some of us like to skin our cars, maybe even make them go faster.

So why not make CRC check a server set option?

Me and my friends run a private server and a public server, we would much prefer to be able to use our private server with our tuned/modified cars w/o having to use a hook to allow this. Where the CRC check is great for public server.

Making this an option would also probably make this release last a little longer before a publicily avaliable hook is around.

At least think about it.....

The default game is very slow and not exactly the most graphically advanced game, so some of us like to skin our cars, maybe even make them go faster.

So why not make CRC check a server set option?

Yesterday when i opened my garage (SP) i had a huge

shock :shock::cry: there were standing 4 ugly pcj's :( ok i can live with that, then i started driving around (felt like 10 mp/h)and taught:i better go 2 bed than playing vc in original :(

many ppl play MTA LAN or just with some friends...so they dont need any rules. for DM, rules r ok but those who wanna race or do stunts dont really

like 2 play MTA anymore :roll: w8ing 4 some MTA-team answers :wink: sorry cray u posted some seconds before i did :lol:

thanks to the whole MTA-team for creating the best mod i've ever played.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! The whole idea of stunnting and racing is to do it fair , i jum and do a 360 to grind to nosemanual, and you haveto do better and the only way to give ppl a fair chance to win is by everyone having the same vehicles(meaning original vehicles from gta)Dont talk about stunters cause you are definetly not one,, or atleast not one worth competing against.

This was a serious let-down - the R* vehicle handling is pathetic. Hold down "W" and turn, that's all you need to do with thier stups. That is why I've been promoting people to set up servers for people who use my Vice Handling Overhaul. Hell, MTAVC is pretty much the ONLY reason I took on completely re-writing all 106 car handling lines anway!

Not even having the OPTION to allow modified files is the sort of thing I wouldn't expect from even the stingiest games producer, let alone a small bunch of modders doing this as a hobby.

For private and casual players this new release is a disaster. I will gladly sing the praises of version 0.1 from the rooftops, but please PLEASE allow the option of using modified files. You are starving the modification scene of it's greatest achievement if you don't do this.

There are many, many applications for MTAVC which make me so adamant about this. The map projects involving teams of people (FunWorld, London Vice, SanAngeles, etc etc) can connect up thier PC's thanks to MTAVC and test new buildings en masse, therefore ALL being able to comment on the textures, the LOD distance settings and such.

This really is a big, big plea to allow modified file support and I hope the MTA team revise thier current standpoint on it.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! The whole idea of stunnting and racing is to do it fair , i jum and do a 360 to grind to nosemanual, and you haveto do better and the only way to give ppl a fair chance to win is by everyone having the same vehicles(meaning original vehicles from gta)Dont talk about stunters cause you are definetly not one,, or atleast not one worth competing against.

yo xenex its kinda stupid u're talking about fairness, u dont even know me :lol:

actually i h8 ppl who r all about competition :x u cant say 'my stunts r better than yours' everybody got his own style...(nothing 2 win or loose)

and about the handling, when i release my stunt vid my handling+col file will b included 2 make it fair :!::) my handling isn't just w+turn :lol:

there will be no handling revolution in original MTA:VC 0.2 so dont worry about the fairness, u should think of yours :wink: PEACE :!:

SM xenex:

Stunts are more fun with modifications, I do them with friends and we do them for a laugh and our own amusement privately, I agree cheats on public servers should be removed in some way but I also think it's a fair option to be able to choose for your own private games to.

CRC checking wont be enough anyway, I know of 1 hook which allows you to bypass this only its not publicly avalable, why? Coz we dont want ppl using it on public servers, but it's a pain in the ass to have to use. Even so, sooner or later someone will release a hook for the public to use and then CRC checking becomes irrlevant to most.

Given the option to set it server side may reduce the chance of public hooks, or maybe not? Time will tell.

I think it' simple for most, default GTA:VC has shite handling, it's to easy at such slow speeds, I find it much more fun to do handbrake turns in my tuned Viper GTSR or Skyline at higher speeds, it's what keeps me playing.

Takes more skill to control tuned veichals than it does for default ones.

Maybe you can explain why even skinning cars can't be done? It's not as if that alone gives you an advantage...

Anyway I hope the MTA:VC team could patch this soon, if they are willing to at all, otherwise it will loose quite a few ppl from future releases, for the time being we will keep our servers running 0.1 but tbh thats getting boring, we was looking forward to all the new features in 0.2

Please MTA team fix this issue \o/

I've found my own workaround to MTA's CRC checking (which I won't make publicly available for obvious reasons :)) and the only files that are checked are data\handling.cfg, data\weapons.dat and data\mta.scm.

Which means, custom models and skins will still work! You just can't modify the handling.cfg file (which still makes Cerbera's idea useless).

I can agree with MTA's protection of the weapons.dat and mta.scm files, but I myself enjoy having tweaked vehicles, because the default handling does indeed suck.

Maybe another way to get around this is to have a MTA approved handling mod which gets distributed as an option in MTA and will pass the CRC check.

Im all for stopping cheaters, just look at what they done to games such as Counter-Strike, MTA is just the equivilant to CS for GTA:VC only better, and as this mod gets bigger and bigger people will start creating cheats to bypass various features implemented to block such activitys.

Therefore this being an option will allow the server owner to have private games with the choice of these CRC checks or not, which reduces the number of players wanting to find a way round it.

The only issue of this being an option is ppl running servers allowing it and others not knowing its avalible on public servers, this could just be a server variable which is sent to the GUI which tells you if the server has option on or off.

• 2 weeks later...