[REL]Rear view mirror script for MTA 1.1

Wojak

You may activate it using the /rearview command, or pressing the "vehicle_look_left" control (“q” key by default) this settings can be changed only in lua file for now

This resource started as a concept script, and it still is one, you’re welcome to use the parts of the code as long you mention me in the credits (this method can be for example used to make a security camera resource, where you can watch multiple places at once)

In order to create the illusion you’re seeing multiple compromises had to be made, so thete is a list of known problems:

- camera is in locked position, you cant manipulate it using mouse nor to change view – fixing this will require to recreating the camera movement handler from scratch, the only way I know to detect the mouse movement is to show the GUI cursor and that may lead to other problems

- fps is lowered by half, in order to have 25 FPS you need 50 fps (it don't effect the game speed though) - inpasible to fix as camera can not be at two places at the same time

- default GTA hud is disabled manually using showPlayerHodComponent as you would not be able to read it properly - inpasible to fix as far i know

- unwanted sound effects (engine sound volume changes rapidly) - inpasible to fix

- problem with nametags and other "3D" created by using dx functions - they are flickering and allocating (illusion of being in two places at the same time) - inpasible to fix (without editing nametages cod, and any other script by that matter)

- I’ve disabled the mirror in planes

Old video:

mtascreen20110916153809.th.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... ls&id=2870

Edited by Guest
  • 3 weeks later...
Also, Wojak, take a look at the freecam resource, the camera movement works in there without the cursor needing to show ;)

maybe he should use the code that u are using for ufo with slight modification that each frame cords of cam pos and cords of cam target are fliped?