MTA:SA 1.1 Released: Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster

darkdreamingdan

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem is server owners that aren't updating to 1.1 not a few bugs and crashes.

Sadly it seems it's not quite as straight forward as that. The release is great news and greatly appreciated, it offers lots of additional flexibility and no doubt a lot of hard work has gone into it, but there are some unfortunate bugs currently. From our experience in updating to 1.1, the 'biggest problem' certainly wasn't the server owners (us) being lazy and not attempting to update, as your post implies. That said, we are happy to wait for the fixes to come through. Bugs are an inevitability in development or modification of new programs, I think everyone understands and accepts that, and are supportive of the development team for their efforts.

It's obvious this was rushed to all **** map editor doesn't work neither does entering servers and yes my GTA SA is clean.

Its also obvious that if you cared so much, you'd have beta tested it, found those bugs and reported them before it was released. You didn't so deal with it.

I've never had any script issue on 1.1 as I have them all upgraded.

Also, I must say "upgrade" command doesn't upgrades at all, there are some very old scripts that aren't compatible with 1.1 anymore.

You must see debugscript 3, guiGetText and guiSetText syntax have been changed if I'm not wrong, and setPlayerSkin and setVehicleModel have been changed to setElementModel that is 100 times more useful (that's why old Admin Panel makes spam on log file).

It isnt returning any error :P I'm trying to fix them but it is harder if I don't know where it is the error, as debugscript doesn't return anything.

Is that reported the bugtracker?

My understanding is that at least some of the Devs are aware of the issue now after Zango reported it, although I'm not sure if it went through IM/IRC or Mantis, Zango is better appraised on the situation than I am. But we are unable to update some or most of our content until there is a fix.

I can't see any report on the mantis about DKR server not being upgradable to 1.1 which means that even if any developers were informed on IRC they may not have read it and if they did, probably have forgotten now, thats why the mantis bug tracker exists.

The biggest problem is server owners that aren't updating to 1.1 not a few bugs and crashes.

Sadly it seems it's not quite as straight forward as that. The release is great news and greatly appreciated, it offers lots of additional flexibility and no doubt a lot of hard work has gone into it, but there are some unfortunate bugs currently. From our experience in updating to 1.1, the 'biggest problem' certainly wasn't the server owners (us) being lazy and not attempting to update, as your post implies. That said, we are happy to wait for the fixes to come through. Bugs are an inevitability in development or modification of new programs, I think everyone understands and accepts that, and are supportive of the development team for their efforts.

Oz might mean to wait for MTA SA's new updates and bug fixes to make sure DKR in 1.1 runs smooth and bugless.

You might remember the time at MTA SA 1.0, when there's still lots of bugs. As time goes by and new 1.0 releases(1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 1.0.5), there were less bugs. I know that 1.0.5 was the most stable version yet.

But on MTA SA 1.1, it has to go all over again, like MTA SA 1.0 days, where bugs are still many. New builds may give less bugs and better chance that DKR might get to 1.1 sooner or later.

Yes new version has bugs, crashes, glitches and is incompatible with some systems.

But all in all it's so fun, stunning and gorgeous ! It's really completely new gaming experience for GTA mp. Customize every and everything around, make gameplay smoother and forget what was miserable in 1.0.

I'm enjoying creating servers in my freetime. Atm i have not so little gamemodes in the progress: Freeroam, Zombie, Trucking, Race and Roleplay from which only 3 are hosted. And im planning to continue work with LUA as long as something inside it shout like: Cmon! Just grab me and script some new stuff with new possibilities! And it really shouts it now.

All those years waiting for 1.1 made worth it. Thanks MTA team !

This version was rushed, it could have used another 1-2 months of testing and fixing, it causes issues that obviously weren't seen and creates hell for sctiptors and players... One annoying aspect is many people having bandwith issues, although that is being worked on it should have been done before release.

Its still a big improvment over 1.1, but its just to buggy for some servers, especially RP servers.

Not everyone knows about the nightlies though, nor how to test or even report bugs. Ofcourse people should know, but you will always keep the lazy ones which are going to complain at the release.

Weird thing is: Why do they have problems when I do not? I understand the black screen problem because of the resource restructure, but impossibilities to connect? Never had them :S

That only problems I've encountered involving scripting, and its generally not ones you test for. Makes it hard for some servers, such as RP servers, to get moved 1.1. My community for one is staying in 1.05 until bandwith issues and some map stuff is fixed.

That only problems I've encountered involving scripting, and its generally not ones you test for. Makes it hard for some servers, such as RP servers, to get moved 1.1. My community for one is staying in 1.05 until bandwith issues and some map stuff is fixed.

Please make sure we are aware of these issues instead of just waiting.

Fucking buggy as hell. My friends crash 24/7 with it and it's hard to move mta RP servers from .0.5 to .1. This should be fixed ASAP. Actually, THESE bugs, meaning the random crashes and server bandwidth issues.

Well, sorry for actually telling just CCW, I guess he's not someone who should know about them >> CCW should have the mapfile and take a look at it, but we need a reply from him before anything else. The issues have all been reported, and they are major issues, and you need to take care of them ASAP. I understand it's hard, but if all of you would concentrate on the crashing and bandwidth issues, MTA 1.1 would be playable for everyone.

:o buggy as hell. My friends crash 24/7 with it and it's hard to move mta RP servers from .0.5 to .1. This should be fixed ASAP. Actually, THESE bugs, meaning the random crashes and server bandwidth issues.

Well, sorry for actually telling just CCW, I guess he's not someone who should know about them >> CCW should have the mapfile and take a look at it, but we need a reply from him before anything else. The issues have all been reported, and they are major issues, and you need to take care of them ASAP. I understand it's hard, but if all of you would concentrate on the crashing and bandwidth issues, MTA 1.1 would be playable for everyone.

1. I'd like to see you make a better MTA.

2. CIT server (I know its not RP but yeah, its similar) has had to problems moving, we tested everything way before the release so we knew everything was okay, perhaps you should have done the same.

3. Reported after the release.

4. Incase you didn't notice there are very few developers developing and ccw is the only one that is persistently active, some of the 1.0.x releases were almost all of his work, so please don't try and pressure him more.

:o buggy as hell. My friends crash 24/7 with it and it's hard to move mta RP servers from .0.5 to .1. This should be fixed ASAP. Actually, THESE bugs, meaning the random crashes and server bandwidth issues.

I understand you're frustrated, but you will have to be patient while issues are looked over. You will notice my comment said 'please make sure we aware of these issues'. If you've made sure we are aware of the issues, then good. However, Beatty's forum post was extremely vague and mentioned problems he has 'encountered involving scripting', which doesn't tell us a lot. If they are on Mantis, and as long as we're aware of the issues and they can be acted upon, we can look to resolve issues.