Colors of the player

Aeron

i think thats stupid. jk! those colors will be used to denote gang/skin in point2. i do like the idea about red meaning connection issues or hangups, but that might be difficult to do, and i hope it wont be necessary in .2, due to what i also hope is vastly improved netcode. i am positive it will be, MTA dont mess around. they have some crazy ass goal in life to challenge themselves.

The radar dots colorchange was added for debugging purposes, but we decided to leave it in because it couldn't hurt. In 0.2, the colors no longer indicates a player's in/out vehicle status, but shows which occupation a player chose at the spawn menu. Cop show as blue dots, Robbers darkred, etc.

yeah, i agree. knowing when someone is in a vehicle is really good to know. you want to know immediately if you have a chance at catching someone if you're chasing after them. i also found it useful when i was in a far away place on the map (like the aiport) and i needed to find someone to jack for a car(he he he he). so MTA team might want to reconsider that. but then again, team colors are more important than that and you really couldn't have team colors and car colors at the same time because that would get way too confusing.

(my team color is red and then they step into a car...are they purple on the map now?) haha.

Well if you used darkblue for ground and light blue for a vehicle for the cops and darkred for ground and light red for a vehicle for the robbers etc etc ... How confusing would that be for dark and light to show whats what. (as long as colors didn't look the same)

However I don't have any idea how many colors can be use in the mini map at one time or how many colors there are avaible for the mini map? ... Just a Idea

That might be good and seems possible, seeing as in 0.1 they have the sqaure they have the triangle pointing up and the one pointing down , so this one might be good, leave the colors like they are going to be in 0.2 but changethe symbols so it will be diff for when on foot or in vehicle.

Edited by Guest

It is too late to change what has been coded for 0.2, but I have given it some more thought, as obviously, all of you like the ability to see if someone was using a vehicle. I can only use 6 different colors, not counting black and white, which are extremely hard to notice on the radar. I therefore would suggest the following: Normal size markers for people in vehicles, and smaller ones for people on foot. That's pretty much the only solution left, though.

EDIT: except for blinking dots, lol. But were not going to turn the radar into a christmas tree.

The ability to see if someone is walking or in a car was a very nice option. I think it would be nice if they could just change the size of the dots. I mean, if they put blinking dots, squares and triangles, the radar will be a mess! Just try what you can do.

Also, I like all the different colors, we can now finally be gangs and see if someone your chasing is not someone of your own gang!

Anyways, great job!