PEDS !!!!

Guest GREENDAY

well couldn't it be a client thing ? if the peds didn't affect your trajectories and stuff (like no mass) ... it could be a visual plus ... although just a visual thing ...

but i for one would rather have more time spent on more concerning issues ... so maybe in the later builds ...

I'm not sure, but weren't peds and cars in gta 2 just driving circles (which could easyly be calculated from the servertime - one number thay must be more transferred) and then u have only transfer the changes caused by a player.... which could then also be optimised - for servers with much players - by only sending this info to players, that are inside a circle round the place where the action takes place).

then everything will be lost if all players have enough distance to the place...

or the server generates all the cars and peds and only submits the infomation needed for this specific player (view distance)

YOU PEOPLE AND YOUR GODDAMN PEDS!!! I'm so sick of hearing about this, and just the fact that this topic came up AGAIN is even more annoying. This has been discussed about 5000000 times. All you need to do is search through the forum archives and you'll see COUNTLESS posts about this - one of them being a thread I started called "Peds...why?" In it I ask the question, "Why does everyone want peds???" I think the over-ruling majority vote is that peds are for the most part useless. For atmosphere and looks, yes, they're cool, but in a multiplayer game, that sort of thing should be (I would hope) the last thing on the MTA's list of things to accomplish. God, even syncing up the beach ball is more important than this!

PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!

1. It would add lots more lag, and it would take way to much bandwidth

2. If it was client side then you WOULDNT be able to hijack, otherwise others wouldnt see the car (use your brain and think)

3. peds would suck, its better with REAL people