Todays testing

Si|ent

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that they should put the sniper rifle in, but put limits on it...

e.g. you can only use it at the airport

you cant use it within x radius of the spawn point

it does less damage

stuff like that...

i just know that it would be really fun to do some quality sniping...

hmm maybe they could put it in like they did ut2k3's, u know limited range and not totally killer damage... and i definently think that it would be an option that the server would enable.

just my two cents... besides, if someone is being cheap with it we always have the server vote kick system now dont we :wink:

but in general... yes i think it should be in

it is possible to lower the range of the sniper rifle... that may be an option.

well... if some of the things were stored on the server... it would be, but i dont think it will be an option to lower the range till they get some things stored on the server... after that is when they can really start tweaking the weapons in the game to create a real experience. e.g. the chaingun that i so love could have the same rate of fire... but only do like .5 damage to your health per hit stuff like that... when they do start storing things on the server is when i think the real joy is going to begin... but of course there is problems with them storing things on the server e.g. some admin might decide to make one car in the game all but indestructible and otherwise be lame... hmm then again if things were stored on a central server then maybe it would be possible but who knows... only time will tell if storing things on servers is a legit option

hmm then again maybe some things are already stored on servers

i don't think money should be integrated into mta. at all. ever. this isnt an rpg, its an action game. Find the gun you want, and shoot it. why should you have to buy it? And what about when i quit mta, where does my money go? i dont want to have to "save" it.

And im the only one who shares this view, i know, but leave / add the sniper rifle, chaingun, and hunter in, UNMODIFIED. in fact, ADD a hunter, so they each have an equal opponent. do not change the weapon range, or amount of damage it does, or its availability. You know what will happen? the peds (what i call losers with no skill) will stop playing, and the hardcore players who own ppl when they play, will finally have a real challenge, thus making for some very intense fights and chases. Of course it sucks when such a great battle is over so fast, so maybe increase the health and armor to 200?

don't pussify gta by toning everything down, INCREASE it! shit, next thing you know ppl will want beanbag guns for the cops. im gonna stop playing mta if that ever happens...

The hunters weapons dont work because that is a 'vehicle weapon' as is driveby shooting, we dont have this working yet tho obviously it is something we hope to include in the future.

The sniper isnt in the game because it uses 'secondary fire' as does the rocket launcher. Again this is something we do not have working yet, and again hopefully in the future we will.

i think the game would be better with the sniper in it but if people wanted it to be modified i think they should make it do like 20 to 30 damage but instant kill if head shot but only if u have not armor so in this case it would give people the chance to stay alive. i dont think the game should be modified too much because this changes the game and i think the game is fine as it is, hell do the cops in gta vice city complain about you having the chain gun against them? no they dont

no. if you have enough skill, ppl like that CAN be avoided, and killed. happens all the time with guys camping with the M4 (m60? gun that destroys cars in like 4 shots) Hell it should be even easier with snipers, their movment is much more restricted when they fire.

Hunters can be shot down. and outrun.

like i said, you'll have to adapt.

Why do you argue about this? The game will be what it is until the creators make a new release(plus you play this one). And about this "pussified version of gta" What is this? You will get what you get from the mta team, live with it. Also about the Hunter if it's such a big deal why not like make a mod for it in dm or what ever mode you want so that its got a limit on the amount of ammo it has (I'm sure this has been said somewhere). I donno or continue flaming away! Anyhow my point is create your own mod if you don't like the way they make mta ... good luck with that! :roll:

MTA team keep up the good work ... and I'll play what ever you make of this gta mod ...

I dont know what your getting pissed about, im just expressing what I would like to see in it. and it happens to be my opinion, that lowering weapon damage or restricting features of that nature, is pus.....er........making it too easy. My taste in games is full-on balls to the bone hardcore action. including dodging unfair choppers and camping snipers, that is / could part of the game. you all remind me of this: a few weeks ago i was playing, in some random server, and i was PLAYING mind you. me and several others were asked to leave by other mta playes. you know why?

We're talking in here. If you want to fight, get on another server!
They were quite good at hiding too. It made me realise just how sad and pathetic most mta players are. not all, but most.

I am also aware that the mta team will make it however they damn well please, which is precisley WHY im saying this, so they realize there's more than one view of how ppl like to play. or atleast me. However, i am also on the multiplicity team, so maybe i can through some suggestions towards EEOS and see what he thinks about these, as possible gamemodes for it.

indeed.

and though you cant really outrun the chopper, you might be able to hide from it, even shoot it down (although longrange weapons as rocket launchers arent in game yet), but if you'd truly adapted, you'd probably be flying that chopper and boring the other people with spawnfragging.

if you like that, go play DC, i like the cruising/stunting part about MTA better.

and ps, sorry, but it's pretty likely people liek xenex háve been playing mta longer :-/

longer than me eh? possibly. remember months ago, waaaaaaaay back when, when this first came out for gta3? and you had to do some weird swapping cars trick, and keypressing, to get it to work? what was that, feb, march? early in the year anyway. yea, well ive been playing since then, with every version my pc can handle, on winme, 98 and, now xp. 2 video cards, several different clients and about 7 months later, i know what im talking about, mkay? Have i been playing longer than xenex? who knows. maybe not. but i have enough experince to justify and back up my opinions and ideas.

Hunter at spawning point........as if ppl dont already camp there, big deal. btw, which spawn point? looks like the new teams each get their own spawn...

crusing is indeed fun, we can agree there 8)

i wouldnt suggest bickering with me anymore, im not in the mood to give up.

• 11 months later...