[SOLVED] CentOS 5 32 bits Error

Axis

Greetings!

Me and my friend Noa are trying to host an MTA Server on CentOS 5 (32 bits) but we receive the following error after attempting to execute mta-server:

libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ERROR: Loading network library (net.so) failed!

Press Q to shut down the server!

We believe we have installed the server files correctly(installed to /var/games/mta/).

We cd /var/games/mta/ before attempting to execute the mta-server.

We are running CentOS 5 32bit, does anyone know the files we need to yum install?"

**EDIT**

Problem now solved!

Had to manually update curl and stdc++ since "yum update" or other official CentOS listing reports them as already up-to-date

(scroll down to SOLVED post for instructions)

Edited by Guest

I've searched (yum search libcurl) and installed "curl-devel.i386" but didn't change anything.

I've also tried copying "libcurl.so3" as "libcurl.so4" but then I end up with the

error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error...

So undone that and back at the libcurl.so.4 error...

I really don't know what to do, I'm running CentOS 5 (32 bits)

Everything is brand new. The server is defaulted (hasen't been altered from default) and so is the CentOS VPS as well.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the reply!

I've managed to install "libstdc++" but the "curl" said it was already installed and up-to-date.

Then Starting the server did the same error. So I did the second step and they both said (the i386 files) that the files were already installed and up-to-date...

So I restarted the whole kit JUST IN CASE and yet, I still get the same error :/

So I checked in "/usr/lib" and couldn't find "libcurl.so.4" :S

Any idea?

Thanks! Files uploaded to server's location.

Upon server start ==> same error.

So I copied both files in "/usr/lib" to test and it gets me this error:

/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 file too short

ERROR: loading network library (net.so) failed!

Edited by Guest

I also did "yum update" and made sure every package in my installation was up-to-date. Still didn't help, I get the same error about "libcurl.so.4" not being found...

So I tried this method:

Upgrade your curl 7.15 to 7.19.

a)Download curl 7.19

[root@freelinuxtutorials]#wget http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.19.0.tar.gz

b)Uncompress

[root@freelinuxtutorials]#tar xzf curl-7.19.0.tar.gz

c) Go to the curl directory and compile it

[root@freelinuxtutorials]#cd curl-7.19.0

[root@freelinuxtutorials]# ./configure

[root@freelinuxtutorials]# make

[root@freelinuxtutorials]# make install

d) Soft link the curl

[root@freelinuxtutorials]#ln -s /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4

And now I get this error:

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version 'GLBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by (linktogame)/xmll.so)

ERROR: Loading XML library (xmll.so) failed!

And since I've seen this error elsewhere in the Forum, I kept hunting for more steps. I found the same error for Firefox 4 on CentOS and tried to apply the same fix:

Effectuate theses operations in a temp folder (and not root/)

wget "http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/libstdc++-4.3.0-8.i386.rpm"

rpm2cpio libstdc++-4.3.0-8.i386.rpm | cpio -i --make-directories

mv usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.10 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

ATTENTION:

Note: It's "usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.10" above (i.e. the unpacked tree from the RPM, not the system /usr/lib tree) - do NOT put a leading slash there!

And TADA!!!!!!! Server's up and running JUST FINE! Haha, finally! Thanks alot to "jhxp" for trying to help me by running tests on his own virtual server!