Draw Distances - Are The Overidden?

Guest antonye

I've been playing MTA:VC for some weeks now and have come to the conclusion that it rocks :lol:

However, apart from the odd annoying bug, the one thing that I really have a problem with is the draw distance.

Is this changed by MTA from what it is set to in my "normal" VC game?

The reason I ask is that when I'm driving around and enter a new area, it is still using what appears to be the low-res models and textures for a few seconds (sometimes longer) until it finally catches up and switches back to normal high-res models and textures.

This doesn't happen when I'm playing normally, so I think it's something with MTA rather than my setup!

If you are doing something with it, can you *please* make this a user-definable setting as it's really annoying!

Thanks and keep up the excellent work so far. Can't wait for the next version with co-op cars! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!

Basically no, we do not alter your draw distance in any way, its merely taking slightly more processing power to run mta as it involves more players than originally designed for (ie more than one) and therefore your machine may take a few seconds to render.

isn't the reason this happens also because you start at a different point in the game than in single player, which means it first loads the textures in that area and then goes out until it replaced all lo textures with hi ones... is that right? I read it somewhere...

Basically no, we do not alter your draw distance in any way, its merely taking slightly more processing power to run mta as it involves more players than originally designed for (ie more than one) and therefore your machine may take a few seconds to render.

Is that true even if I'm the only person in the game, or does it get worse with more players? Will my machine eventually grind to a hault with 20/25/32 players? Has this been improved on the new version?

Thanks,

• MTA Team
isn't the reason this happens also because you start at a different point in the game than in single player, which means it first loads the textures in that area and then goes out until it replaced all lo textures with hi ones... is that right? I read it somewhere...
i guess so. But the problem of switching low and hi res textures also excists in Single Player. If you have a Geforce make sure you got the latest drivers and that the frame limiter is on
But the problem of switching low and hi res textures also excists in Single Player. If you have a Geforce make sure you got the latest drivers and that the frame limiter is on

I have an ATi Radeon 9xxx card and don't get this problem in single player at all...

I'll check the frame limiter, but as I say it doesn't happen in SP mode.